Best overseas signing, biggest overseas flop?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Best overseas signing, biggest overseas flop?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The booze hound wrote: I thought Trent Barrett was awesome for us in a team in transition. He was robbed of the man of steel award by Roby who played 90% of his games that season starting on the bench. Trent would be awesome in our current set up.
Meds is being mischievous I think booze!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jobo

Post by jobo »

cow yeds wrote:Without a doubt Brett Kenny the BEST!!
By a country mile.

jobo

Post by jobo »

Graham West, Greg Dowling, Kevin Iro, even Sam Panapa didn't do too bad either.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

George Carmont best

Brady Malam worst

Inga or Henry Paul union convert
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Luke Davico - worst.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
The booze hound wrote: I thought Trent Barrett was awesome for us in a team in transition. He was robbed of the man of steel award by Roby who played 90% of his games that season starting on the bench. Trent would be awesome in our current set up.
Meds is being mischievous I think booze!!
He's entitled to his opinion though and he does have a point to the extent that, despite any player's ability, paying him a quarter of the entire salary cap does not bode well for dressing room harmony. Thankfully with IL in charge, that scenario will not happen again!
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Makes me laugh when some people say GREAT wigan players when they have only been at the club ONE season, tge greatest players are the ones that are at the club long term
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think it depends. Plenty played season after season yet never had the impact another player had in a single season.

I think Saints fans describe Mal Meninga as a great Saint, a legendary Saint YET he was only there for a season. Likewise, Brett Kenny and John Ferguson for us. To be honest there are so many more. One of my favourite players spent more time at Wire but he had a great single season for us; Phil Blake.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:I think it depends. Plenty played season after season yet never had the impact another player had in a single season.

I think Saints fans describe Mal Meninga as a great Saint, a legendary Saint YET he was only there for a season. Likewise, Brett Kenny and John Ferguson for us. To be honest there are so many more. One of my favourite players spent more time at Wire but he had a great single season for us; Phil Blake.
this is why I went for carmont I suppose its how you define "best" do you define it as contribution to the club overall, in the sense Richards and Carmont would be up there, or the biggest talent/name in that sense you look at Kenny and Barrett.

Same for worst, I like you was going to go for luke davico but then I thought is that fair he ws injured in the warm up game and never played. DV played badly for all but his last season.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Best: Dean Bell

Not only a top class player but here for a long time. I think he is very underrated in terms of how good he was ironically because he was here a long time. I think we ended up taking his skills for granted.

Worst: DV

Best Union convert:

Frano.