Bateman

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Bateman

Post by cpwigan »

How good can this young man become in a few years time given he is already showing fanastic moments of skill and a real desire to win. I cannot see him (yet) throwing Lockers (Wally Lewis) passes but everything about Bateman suggests IMO the natural successor to Lockers at LF!

We just need to find a spot for Greg Burke now :)
Shaun1967

Re: Bateman

Post by Shaun1967 »

Absolutely outstanding.
There was nothing on when he got the ball for the Burgess try yet he gave him a virtual walk in.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Pure Class!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Outstanding display. What a coup for WW signing this fella! Exciting prospect for the future, even though he is putting in outstanding displays even now! I wonder what competition, if any, there was for his signature prior to WW actually making the signing??
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I've been telling anyone and everyone who will listen that this lad is possibly one of the best signings we have made in many a year.He oozes class.A pleasure to witness.Can only imagine what he's going to be like in years to come considering his age now.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Bateman had a good game and has been consistent but im not sure he will ever fill Lockers boots.He is not the biggest and his style of play will result in him having lots of injuries.I still think Faz is the better bet to become our 13 when Lockers goes
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:Outstanding display. What a coup for WW signing this fella! Exciting prospect for the future, even though he is putting in outstanding displays even now! I wonder what competition, if any, there was for his signature prior to WW actually making the signing??
I was shocked when it was announced that we had signed Bateman as it had previously been strongly rumoured that Wire had signed him. It smelled of Stefan Ratchford all over again.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He will bring good money from the NRL in a coupl of seasons, Leneghan has feathered his bed nicely for the next few years
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not sure Meds. I think Bateman is a bit of home bird type (hopefully anyway). He would have had lots of opportunities after a successful Academy Tour Down Under.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

What impresses me about this very talented young fella is his desire to win. He seems to hate the opposition without losing his cool, which all top, top players do. He is definitely at the right club to fulfil his massive potential.