Squad for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Squad for Friday

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 274&type=1

Easy victory Jordan James is in the squad
josie andrews

Re: Squad for Friday

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors have today named their 19 man squad to face Leeds Rhinos at Headingley-Carnegie on Friday night in the First Utility Super League, 8pm kick off.

The Warriors welcome back Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Michael McIlorum and Skipper Sean O'Loughlin (pictured) who were all rested for the Cup game against Hunslet while Prop Gil Dudson is back in the squad after serving a one game suspension.

The players to miss out through injury are Iain Thornley, Ben Flower, Eddy Pettybourne and Josh Charnley.

Wigan 19 Man Squad (in alphabetical order)

25 John Bateman, 1 Matty Bowen, 32 Joe Burgess, 24 Tony Clubb, 17 Dom Crosby, 16 Gil Dudson, 12 Liam Farrell, 5 Anthony Gelling, 3 Darrell Goulding, 6 Blake Green, 14 Jack Hughes, 28 Jordan James, 9 Michael McIlorum, 13 Sean O'Loughlin, 19 Sam Powell, 23 Dan Sarginson, 7 Matty Smith, 8 Scott Taylor, 27 George Williams

Referee - Phil Bentham

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent. ... AJtjfI3.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I'm more concerned that it is Bentham in charge than I am about JJ. Will he try to rectify his error re the rhino's stains game at our expense?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Bowen
Burgess
Goulding
Gelling
Sarginson
Green
Smith
Taylor
MM
Crosby
Hughes
Farrell
Lockers

Interchange
James
Clubb
Bateman
Williams

That would be my pick
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Hughes would be nowhere near my starting 13 and irrelevant of age JJ deserves to be in the squad just as much as Hughes and Dudson, if not more!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Desperately need clubb at prop in this game, not just because weve no flower/eddie his lack of mobility will get exposed on the fringes by moon.

Also, dudson has to be 19th man in this squad so james has to play. Tough choice between williams/powell though
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The four props for me would be Taylor, Crosby, Clubb and Dudson.
Hughes and either Williams or Powell to drop out.
I just hope he doesn't go with Sarginson and Burgess on the left. After what happened at Cas I don't think we should risk that v Leeds.
My 17 -
Bowen,
Sarginson, Goulding, Gelling, Burgess,
Green, Smith,
Taylor, McIlorum, Crosby,
Farrell, Bateman,
O'Loughlin,
Bench - Dudson, Clubb, James, Williams.

James preferred to Hughes and William in the 17 for the pace he has over Powell.

Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I suppose Hughes and Dudson could miss out - Williams is a cert to back up MM but I'm not convinced about Powell.

Maybe Hughes to be on the bench but I don't like that defence in the backs at all. Only Goulding has the real understanding of how to defend - Burgess is improving.

It's insulting to the backs but I'd play with Bateman in the centres with Burgess - Goulding - Bateman - Sarginson. I'd feel more confident about keeping those Leeds backs out.
markill

Post by markill »

Powell or Williams and Dudson or James I suspect.

I'd leave out Powell and Dudson. Prefer Clubb at prop which is the only reason Hughes gets in my 17 after last week.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 274&type=1

Easy victory Jordan James is in the squad
Even with his age, a better choice than a out of form and penalty giver Dudson.