Latest Dallas rumour

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Latest Dallas rumour

Post by Fraggle »

From today's Daily Star:-
A so-called newspaper wrote:-
"Winger Brett Dallas is wanted by Stuart Raper's Cronulla Sharks"
Not much to say, except that Express newspapers clearly can't even co-ordinate their own rumours since this is different from what was posted in sister-tabloid the Daily Express last week. Methinks someone in Aus is randomly asking ex-UK-based coaches "what players might you be interested in from the European Super League" rather than printing stories with any real substance.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Re: Latest Dallas rumour

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Brett Kimmorley is an irritating little git..... but I wish he was OUR irritating little git!!
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

It's in the wigan observer today that Dallas had been approached by an aussie club but turned it down to play out his contract with wigan.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

It looks like he is probably leading us to 7th position in the league. Not all his fault, though :doz:
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

It's in the wigan observer today that Dallas had been approached by an aussie club but turned it down to play out his contract wiIt's in the wigan observer today that Dallas had been approached by an aussie club but turned it down to play out his contract with wigan.

best bit of news i'v read all week
jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

he said he wanted to end his career at wigan
well thats one good piece of news for us any way
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

is it though?

i mean recently dallas has hardly played as a winger and thats why he is no longer scoring a massive amount of tries for us like he used to. if he does stay then millward will have to do something to him to make him play as a winger and not a prop.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wiganrldeanh posted:
is it though?

i mean recently dallas has hardly played as a winger and thats why he is no longer scoring a massive amount of tries for us like he used to. if he does stay then millward will have to do something to him to make him play as a winger and not a prop.
That is hardly his fault though is it! He has IMO played as a winger when David V has been fit. He was getting on the end of passes and scoring tries.

When he is stuck with the alternatives as centres he has little option but to come looking for the ball.

It is also part of the modern game that wingers quite often give the forwards a break by takng the ball up early in the tackle count in their own half.

So I am not sure why you would say it would be bad news keeping Dallas as we would only replace him with another winger who would have to do the same as he is doing now. Or are you suggesting we play a prop on the wing?!

Dave
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

DaveO posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:
is it though?

That is hardly his fault though is it! He has IMO played as a winger when David V has been fit. He was getting on the end of passes and scoring tries.

When he is stuck with the alternatives as centres he has little option but to come looking for the ball.

It is also part of the modern game that wingers quite often give the forwards a break by takng the ball up early in the tackle count in their own half.

So I am not sure why you would say it would be bad news keeping Dallas as we would only replace him with another winger who would have to do the same as he is doing now. Or are you suggesting we play a prop on the wing?!

Dave
i know that now in super league that the backs have to give the forewards a rest butin every set just takes the pi$$.

i am not suggesting that we should stick a prop on the wing but that he should not have to play as a propl as much as he is doing an dif the props need a rest then we have centres and a fullback
pedro

Post by pedro »

Daily star said today (gave it a whole 2 lines) that he has turned down a move to souths....bless you Brett :wink: