The biff Vs Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: The biff Vs Leeds

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Just to add onto the last few posts, I just cant fathom how he didnt play for England at the World Cup. He would have given us a much better platform than Roby and would have got into the Aussies and Kiwis
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Just to add onto the last few posts, I just cant fathom how he didnt play for England at the World Cup. He would have given us a much better platform than Roby and would have got into the Aussies and Kiwis
My thoughts too BP, couldn't believe banana mans decision using a dwarf running up his own backside when he could have used Mac for the hard graft and bringing on Robey to try his darting from the play the ball. But what else do we expect from such a weak negative coach.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

MM is one of the reasons Wigan have dominated the Saints packs for a few seasons now. Saints don't have a forward with that type of aggression.
You only have to look on the Saints fan's boards to see how they view their pack compared to ours.
I also think that because of his level of aggression some SL coaches would have sidelined him years ago.
SW is the right player for our coach and SW is the right coach for MM.
Panchitta Marra

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Just to add onto the last few posts, I just cant fathom how he didnt play for England at the World Cup. He would have given us a much better platform than Roby and would have got into the Aussies and Kiwis
My thoughts too BP, couldn't believe banana mans decision using a dwarf running up his own backside when he could have used Mac for the hard graft and bringing on Robey to try his darting from the play the ball. But what else do we expect from such a weak negative coach.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

You shouldn't be surprised by anything that McNamara does.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:You shouldn't be surprised by anything that McNamara does.
....you beat me to it :D
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:MM is easily the best all round hooker in SL and that is why he has bullied Roby the last 6-7 meetings they have had.
Totally agree TBW, we must have the same hymn book.
Robey just cant get going against Mac, it's been a total mismatch at times.
At present, Roby would struggle to get going against Tom Woosey. He's well out of sorts!
markill

Post by markill »

Kittwazzer wrote:
At present, Roby would struggle to get going against Tom Woosey. He's well out of sorts!
50 tackles, no misses yesterday, but can't remember him really inspiring any attacks since before they played us
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

markill wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: If the match wasn't at fever pitch and things not kicking off the way they were do you think MM would have been sent to the bin for that tackle alone ?
Not sure. Maybe not, but then live, given the circumstances and without benefit of hindsight I was concerned he could see red, as it felt to me he was going to leather whoever had the next carry, and he did that and got them high. Like I say, I think Thaler dealt with it well.
Sending a player to the bin for 10 minutes for a high shot surely has to be across the board now, not just for MM's tackle. I cant see that happening and that's why I don't think Mac should have been yellow carded. If the ref was looking at repeated wigan infringements then he has to put the whole team on a warning.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

To me it took the sting out of the situation, and for once it would appear the Disciplinary panel saw it the same way on all accounts. Think the officials sorted it nicely.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield