Joel Tomkins???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: Joel Tomkins???

Post by Kittwazzer »

markill wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote: No idea but it is in the rumour mill so I guess you need to make a judgement about the credibility.
Haha. Thats why I asked, I'm trying to get information to make my mind up. I had seen other Twitter accounts suggesting he was being offered to Wire and Saints by his agent too. That MEN reporter Josie is friendly with (Barker?) hinted at it the other day too, but definitely nothing robust yet.
I'd like to see Joel back but not to the extent that we get in a bidding war. Not that there would be much of a fight. Moran has hidden his Switch card and Saints haven't a pot to piss in!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Kittwazzer wrote:
markill wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote: No idea but it is in the rumour mill so I guess you need to make a judgement about the credibility.
Haha. Thats why I asked, I'm trying to get information to make my mind up. I had seen other Twitter accounts suggesting he was being offered to Wire and Saints by his agent too. That MEN reporter Josie is friendly with (Barker?) hinted at it the other day too, but definitely nothing robust yet.
I'd like to see Joel back but not to the extent that we get in a bidding war. Not that there would be much of a fight. Moran has hidden his Switch card and Saints haven't a pot to piss in!
Well said kittwazzer. Wire despite the win against a shite stains team seem berefet of ideas without Moran dipping his hand in his pocket.And the way I see it Mcmanus is papering over the cracks at stains.It would make for very interesting reading looking at the stains accounts ledger.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Didn't the Saints accounts last year show a £900k loss which followed the previous year's £1.2m loss?
They also forecast losses for this year.

Saints fans appear very unhappy with the way their team is playing. They don't seem to have read the League table, they are second from top not second from bottom.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Logan commented upon it in the RL Monday Papers saying stating it was just a groundless rumour probably started in a pub.

The caveat to that is Sam spent several months saying the NZ move was a groundless rumour.

Personal view; Joe moved to get out of small town everybody watching you etc mentality. His wife seems happy there and has a job etc. Bugger, who knows I don't
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Answer to that then is don't live in Wigan!
He could live around the Maghull/Ormskirk locality where no one would have heard of him, travel down the M58 to Orrell and be at training in 20 mins.
The M58 must be the least busy motorway in the UK!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Answer to that then is don't live in Wigan!
He could live around the Maghull/Ormskirk locality where no one would have heard of him, travel down the M58 to Orrell and be at training in 20 mins.
Not between 6.30 - 9 am & 4 - 6 pm :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote:
tis Josie I work in Liverpool and travel up and down it everyday the only point you even see a hint of traffic is on the way back right at the end
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
tis Josie I work in Liverpool and travel up and down it everyday the only point you even see a hint of traffic is on the way back right at the end
not to take this further off topic but its a bloody car park at end of M58 Orrell side after 5pm ..... but i agree, that living just outside of Wigan most players would be invisible !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Didn't the Saints accounts last year show a £900k loss which followed the previous year's £1.2m loss?
They also forecast losses for this year.

Saints fans appear very unhappy with the way their team is playing. They don't seem to have read the League table, they are second from top not second from bottom.
Saints have reported losses for the last 5 years and another early cup exit will not have helped.

Yes, they have league position right now but expect it to move south starting Friday night. Their squad includes debuts for Hand and Tilley and a rare appearance from Gary Wheeler.

Against the biggest pack in Super League!
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I dont know if Joel is coming back or not but cant see it, I certainly dont think he is good enough to justify the big superstar wage that it would take to bring him back.