St Helens on the prowl?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: St Helens on the prowl?

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Kaii wrote:This has come from yesterday's match and people complaining he either should of started or came on a lot earlier. If he's signed a 5 yr contract we'd know by now
I really hope you don't make a pratt of yourself over this matter.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Kaii wrote:This has come from yesterday's match and people complaining he either should of started or came on a lot earlier. If he's signed a 5 yr contract we'd know by now
I really hope you don't make a pratt of yourself over this matter.
Over this i have no info what so ever, i'm neither right or wrong. I just can't see why he would go to stains, the move just doesn't make sense.

If he goes he goes, in that case i'd like to see Dan Sarginson get some more game time at 1.
doc

Post by doc »

Rocky is not the biggest build. He looks smaller than Sam did at a similar age. Maybe the powers that be have decided that he will never reach the physical size needed at the top level?
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

doc wrote:Rocky is not the biggest build. He looks smaller than Sam did at a similar age. Maybe the powers that be have decided that he will never reach the physical size needed at the top level?
That would be a shame if they did, the lad has so much skill
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If they do allow him to go then it will be the worse mistake since we gave Shaun Long away as makeweight in the deal with Widnes.
According to the club he contracted until end of 2016.
So it's either a massive fee or a court case.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If they do allow him to go then it will be the worse mistake since we gave Shaun Long away as makeweight in the deal with Widnes.
According to the club he contracted until end of 2016.
So it's either a massive fee or a court case.
So you say this is just another false rumour, no it can't be not here :lol:
markill

Post by markill »

Was wondering where this has resurfaced from? I had heard that the new deal for Hampshire was as good as signed and was a formality. Someone must be wrong.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

markill wrote:Was wondering where this has resurfaced from? I had heard that the new deal for Hampshire was as good as signed and was a formality. Someone must be wrong.
Was it not nailed on that George Williams was going to Saints next season as well. Just a few week later he signed a new contract with us.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

thegimble wrote:
markill wrote:Was wondering where this has resurfaced from? I had heard that the new deal for Hampshire was as good as signed and was a formality. Someone must be wrong.
Was it not nailed on that George Williams was going to Saints next season as well. Just a few week later he signed a new contract with us.
If it was "nailed on" why did he have to sign a new contract? There must have been interest enough for an improved deal wouldn't you say?

As for Hampshire, my understanding is that promises were made and first team opportunities not given, which in turn has made him think about moving on for regular first team action.

Who's to say how good the information is but one of those youngsters speculated about, has since signed a new contract, so I can only assume there must be "some" sniffing around of the player pool at the very least
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

With this morning's confirmation that Blake Green is going back to Australia at the end of the season I'd expect (and hope)the club to announce that Rocky has signed an extended contract in the next couple of days.