Sarginson has to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Sarginson has to go

Post by nathan_rugby »

It does look like Sarginson didn't have his best game and his defence did look at fault for the Makinson try and the Wellens try.

However, Flanagan hit a line on Sarginsons inside shoulder. When defending and sliding, you always defend your outside shoulder, which in this case could show that although Sarginson didn't complete the tackle on Flanagan, it actually wasn't entirely his fault as it was his inside shoulder.

I think people pointing the finger could potentially be those who haven't played rugby and do not understand this concept.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

nathan_rugby wrote:It does look like Sarginson didn't have his best game and his defence did look at fault for the Makinson try and the Wellens try.

However, Flanagan hit a line on Sarginsons inside shoulder. When defending and sliding, you always defend your outside shoulder, which in this case could show that although Sarginson didn't complete the tackle on Flanagan, it actually wasn't entirely his fault as it was his inside shoulder.

I think people pointing the finger could potentially be those who haven't played rugby and do not understand this concept.
You are looking at one option. If you go up and in defending in an umbrella set up then you hit with the inside shoulder. It is never so simple.

At centre whether he hit left or right shoulder, Sarge gets out of position, pulls his team mates out of position too. As a defender at centre he remains as weak as he was v Wigan when we destroyed London.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Josie, whilst recognising the contribution that the soldiers made in their line of duty you shouldn't bring sentimentality in to it to issue a point on rugby. Soldiers work to orders! And, obeyed them by being led into battle zones thousands of miles away from defending their own homeland. Not defending their homeland.
Soldiering in that country is fragmented, not knowing the reasons for being there, but "they obey orders".

Caused by a corrupt politician (TB) in this country working to his own agenda.

The government should aid the soldiers (Who they sent out there) by giving a worthwhile pension/wage, not by begging for charity money, it is not the public's baby.

Rugby League is a team sport, working together, with an end cause.
That is why we go to matches to switch off our working life.

(By the way I have been involved in the defence industry for 45 years)
Mick

markill

Post by markill »

nathan_rugby wrote: However, Flanagan hit a line on Sarginsons inside shoulder. When defending and sliding, you always defend your outside shoulder, which in this case could show that although Sarginson didn't complete the tackle on Flanagan, it actually wasn't entirely his fault as it was his inside shoulder.
I'd go further and say it wasn't at all his fault. The problem actually started right over at the play of the ball when a marker went wrongly to blind side of the ruck, meaning the whole team was out of position and not enough effort was made to slide. Sarginson was totally exposed and it still took a great pass/poor decision from the refs (depending on your view of the ball to Makinson) for a try to happen.

The Wellens try though was very much on Sarg.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Totally agree withshaunedwards fan club give Goulding a chance
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:I don't know why the club doesn't get rid of the lot them according to a lot of posters on here!!

They can play & coach better than anyone at the club!

It's a game, we lost, it's not the end of the world!

Would be interesting to know with all the games that Wigan are on TV, just exactly how many of the 'experts on coaching' actually pay to watch games at the DW.

Saints apart, of course!

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I don't know why the club doesn't get rid of the lot them according to a lot of posters on here!!

They can play & coach better than anyone at the club!

It's a game, we lost, it's not the end of the world!

Versus Saints!

'Some people believe RL is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
I'm disappointed with the result but that's all.

If it's a matter of life & death to some then they have not had to go thru the sadness, sorrow & heartbreak of death.

The guys who brought on the match ball puts any game in any sport into perspective! IMO of course.
Well said, Josie!

slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Suzieb wrote:Totally agree withshaunedwards fan club give Goulding a chance
Give Goulding a chance?? He made his first team debut in 2005 how long does he need???? Anybody who thinks that Goulding or Thornley are the solution at centre your in cloud cuckoo land, both are second rate at best. Just think back to the great centres we have had and compare them, centre is the hardest defensive position on the pitch and neither of these two are up to it.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At his best Goulding is quality and Thornley has the potential to be.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

At his best Gelling will surpass Goulding, Gelling and Thornley Will be our centres, Sarge to fullback everyones happy