millward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan-warrior

millward

Post by nathan-warrior »

does anybody think millward will do the same to what he did with the st helens team? From when he joined the saints there is only a coulpe of players that are still there today.
I think millward may totaly get rid of a lot of players if he does the same feats he did at St helens does anybody else think this
mrs_carney

Re: millward

Post by mrs_carney »

Millwards already said every player has a chance, when he first came, he will judge for himself; thats why he used youngsters like gleeson, ashton, colbon to see how good they were. So obviously some players are going to go because we cant fit them all under the salary cap. Sounds like aspinwall and wild are off though according to WEP wigan are not going to stand in other clubs ways of talking to aspy and wild.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

At Saints he inherited Hanley's GF winning team. He only had to replace players as they reached their sell by dates. This is a totally different situation.

At Leigh, he took a team from the bottom and turned them into Divisional Champs but couldn't get them promoted. This is more like the task he faces at the moment.
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

To be fair, Leigh had a lot of awful luck in the grand finals he took them to. I think we'll be fine under Millward.
Wigan 'til I die.
moran123

Post by moran123 »

Millward as helped us this season. But next season he will help us like he did to saints
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

He has a proven record i was pleased he came to us but my only negative point about him is that he seems to lack enthusiasm for the club when he is on the panel during the games.He will change on and off field personel and move us into contention for the GF.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

.............hopefully
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

damien morrissey posted:
He has a proven record i was pleased he came to us but my only negative point about him is that he seems to lack enthusiasm for the club when he is on the panel during the games.He will change on and off field personel and move us into contention for the GF.
hes started to jump and shout allready how can he fail to love us and the club :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I think even for millward this season may be out of the window, but i can see changes happening on the field and think millwards finally making progress, even if it is a bit too late in the year. Next season i think he'll have us up there again.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The biggest and most significant factor is that I.M. has been given a far greater say in recruitment than any of his predecessors, which has to be a good thing. I'm a lot more excited by our signings so far (for next season, I mean) than I have been for many years.