Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Tonights game

Post by Suzieb »

Well what can i say the worst Wigan performance in a long time Widnes showed them to night how to play rugby .I M O Ian Thornley has had his day should of never been on the field .Why does Shaun Wane change his team every game not a good thing to do
medlocke

Re: Tonights game

Post by medlocke »

But Thornley is our saviour at centre, the best of the 3 so i keep getting told :eh:
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Dan Sarginson is a centre why rest Matty Bowen the mind boggles
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Suzieb wrote:Dan Sarginson is a centre why rest Matty Bowen the mind boggles
If Sarginson is a centre, so am I.

I have seen it posted elsewhere that Bowen wasn't risked because of his knees on the dodgy pitch at Widnes. Not seen anything form the club to confirm that though.

As to Thornley, like MM he is considered one of the starting players by Wane I think so if he is going to match fit for the playoffs he can't get that sat in the stands.

I did point out myself that before he was injured he wasn't exactly flavour of the month with everyone but on the back of bad performances by both Gelling and Sarginson people were putting his absence forward as one reason why were were not doing so well and may do better when he came back.

I think he has the potential to be the best of the three but that isn't saying much.

As to the selection in general regardless of Thornley I do think Wane is guilty of too many unforced changes and will often seem to rotate a player out of the team at the same time as having to re-jig the team for a couple of injuries. I think he compounds the lack of understanding we are seeing by doing this.

So whoever his first team is, if they are all match fit they should all play every game from now on. He is running out of games to keep fiddling the squad around.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:

I have seen it posted elsewhere that Bowen wasn't risked because of his knees on the dodgy pitch at Widnes. Not seen anything form the club to confirm that though.

As to Thornley, like MM he is considered one of the starting players by Wane I think so if he is going to match fit for the playoffs he can't get that sat in the stands.

I did point out myself that before he was injured he wasn't exactly flavour of the month with everyone but on the back of bad performances by both Gelling and Sarginson people were putting his absence forward as one reason why were were not doing so well and may do better when he came back.

I think he has the potential to be the best of the three but that isn't saying much.

As to the selection in general regardless of Thornley I do think Wane is guilty of too many unforced changes and will often seem to rotate a player out of the team at the same time as having to re-jig the team for a couple of injuries. I think he compounds the lack of understanding we are seeing by doing this.

So whoever his first team is, if they are all match fit they should all play every game from now on. He is running out of games to keep fiddling the squad around.
Fiddling with quality to come in who has played the system for years is one thing. Wane is changing players week in week out and some have not played 30 games for us.
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Suzieb wrote:Well what can i say the worst Wigan performance in a long time Widnes showed them to night how to play rugby .I M O Ian Thornley has had his day should of never been on the field .Why does Shaun Wane change his team every game not a good thing to do
Completely agree with you on the same team thing. Leeds are the perfect example!

Dont agree with Sarge as centre though!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:
DaveO wrote:

Fiddling with quality to come in who has played the system for years is one thing. Wane is changing players week in week out and some have not played 30 games for us.
Agreed. It's as if he is coaching as junior team where he feels he has to give everyone a game before the season is over!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Suzie is George Williams injured? you missed him off your list. Budgie too!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Budgie played last night!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Budgie played last night!!
I know :wink: