Origin Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rach15

Origin Match

Post by rach15 »

Now we now the squad what do you all think the line up will be mine would be somethibg like this:

1.Gary Connolly
2.Brian Carney
3.Martin Gleeson
4.Gareth Ellis
5.Paul Johnson
6.Kevin Sinfield
7.Paul Deacon
8.Danny Sculthorpe
9.Terry Newton
10.Barry Mcdermot
11.Mike Forshaw
12.Paul Sculthorpe
13.Andy Farrell

14.Mark Hilton
15.Steve Prescott
16.Sean Long
17.Keiron Cunningham

Although i think Paul Cullen Will probably start with Cunningham and Long i'd like them to see them on the bench and keep them there (maybe give Long 20 mins but i think Newton will do a much better job than Cunningham) as both haven't played well this year or lived up to the expectations!!

What do you think the score will be?
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
jackman88

Re: Origin Match

Post by jackman88 »

Now i have nothing but hatred for saints, but i can't believe you would wanna play deacon instead of long. Long is 10 times the player deacon is and ever will be. Definitly agree about newton though. He is by far the best hooker in the british game and cunningham is past it.

score prediction, 24 - 16 to lancs
rach15

Re: Re: Origin Match

Post by rach15 »

I know it probably was my hatred for Saints that put Long on the bench bit i don't think that he has played all that well this season, and Deacons had a few good games and i thought he played well in the test series against N.Z. I don't think either of them are in the same class as the likes of lammy but we have to pick one and i would rather have Deacon but thats just my opinion!!

I don't really have an idea of who is going to win but i think it will be close with maybe just a try or even a conversion in it as both sides have good squads!!
johnsons_babexx

Re: Re: Re: Origin Match

Post by johnsons_babexx »

i have on good account that paul johnson will be playing on the wing for lancashire. I just hope that he gets a few more chances to score than he did against cas. Ok he got a try but the amount of passes from dummy half near the line i bet i could count on 1 hand
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

kirky

Re: Origin Match

Post by kirky »

Sorry chaps. I just cannot get into the Origin for two reasons alone.

1. Why promote a game based entirely on Northern rivalry when the HeadShed are trying to promote the game as a national sport.

2. There is only one professional team in "Lancashire" (Post '74 politics), and thats Chorley Lynx.

Sad but ture
Man and ball, man and ball!
monkey manisandy

Post by monkey manisandy »

btw the teams av bin on the bulls msg board 4 a whil y not av a look
ellery

Re: Re: Re: Origin Match

Post by ellery »

Deacon is not fit to lace Long's drinks-alledgedly!!
monkey manisandy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Origin Match

Post by monkey manisandy »

who?????/
oh n il think ya find deacs i the best!!!
rach15

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Origin Mat...

Post by rach15 »

Long and Mcdermot are out so O'loughlin and Tickle are in - Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So O'loughlin and Tickle will go on the bench and Mark Hilton will go in for Mcdermot of the bench! (in my line up)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

2. There is only one professional team in "Lancashire" (Post '74 politics), and thats Chorley Lynx.

Sad but ture
With the metropolitan counties having been abolished a few years ago (1998?), Wigan, Skints, Salford, Rochdale etc are back in Lancashire again. Warrington are in Cheshire. Personally I'm glad to see the back of Gtr Manchester, Humberside and Merseyside. Whilst the Scousers remain a breed apart from the rest of us, Yorkshire once again has an East part to go with the north, south and west, and now that I'm a Mancunian I'm glad I can still use Lancs in my address.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]