Grand Final Ticket - Website keep crashing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Grand Final Ticket - Website keep crashing

Post by josie andrews »

I was there at 4am. There were already 12 people there in front of us.

By the time the ticket office opened, that had expanded to about 30!! :(

I always have to go to the ticket office so I can get an end seat. The website or the RFL are unable to do this.

Plus, I like the camaraderie of being with fellow supporters who remember the queues from the 80's & 90's outside of of Central Park. We were all laughing & joking & reliving the semi final this morning & doing a post mortem on the game :)

I'm suffering now cos the rain started at around 5 & only stopped when I got home. I then went onto to watch the U19's final & although I'm stiff & in considerable pain I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Cherry & White, is in my blood
Ancient & Loyal until I die......

:D :D
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Well that was an absolute joke getting tickets. Tried for well over a hour trying to purchase and website bombing out.
No doubt all the once a season band wagoners will be going on the back of four tickets per season tickets and my mate and I have to sit in the gods after ringing the rfl.
I'd like to say that the ticket purchasing was s**** but it wasn't that good , perhaps little mo can get involved next year and create a proper **** up!?!
Not impressed, look after number 18 Lenegan!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

There were 11 of us & we all got one ticket each.

I do know of a few boasting that they'd already got their tickets by the time got own, & I gave them short shrift because they never ever go to a game during the season but jump on the bandwagon when there is a final :angry:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors have sold over 5,000 Grand Final tickets on the first day of sales.

The Club received an initial allocation of 10,000 tickets from the RFL for next Saturday's showpiece game and these went on sale to Members, Shareholders and Lottery Agents on Saturday morning with queues forming in the early hours. The DW Stadium Ticket Office managed to open two hours early to the relief of fans queuing in the morning rain and there has been a steady stream of excited fans buying their tickets all day.

Online sales commenced at 11am and despite a record amount of traffic and some intermittent technical problems, a significant amount of tickets were purchased via Warriors E-Tickets.

Warriors GF Ticketing Update

The E-Ticketing service is now fully operational and whilst the Ticket Office closes at 5pm, Seasonal Members can purchase online overnight by [clicking here].

The RFL are also reporting a high demand from Wigan fans and are either sold out or running short in their East Stand allocation.

Tickets remain on sale on Sunday for Seasonal Members and also Loyal 18 Members from 9am - 12noon, with General Sales commencing at 12noon.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 72meAl8.99
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

4am I got up to get them online, too much traffic last night.

Going to be a big gate
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

5hrs i wS at it in the end hubby went straight from work at 4 NO QUEUE GOT TICKETS HAPPY DAYS
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Got my tickets on the RFL site today, and that it's an awful site and it took a good forty minutes to actually get me and my brother tickets.

Rugby league is a bit amateurish at times, and I'm not taking about the referees!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Fujiman wrote:Still happening. Will try later :blush:
No issues later on and got ours. NP really bothered were we sat so ended up getting the cheap seats in the gods :lol: :lol: :D
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Getting tickets online is a too easy option for some unless they live a distance away form Wigan.

But good for the 'crawl out of the woodwork' ones when we reach a final.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

We live in Bolton have had season tickets for a trillion years why should we not purchase on line if we want to. We go to home and away games Including Catalan Wembley Magic weekend et al.Just because i chose to buy on line doesn't mean "i crawled out of the woodwork".
After trying most of the day online because my husband was to ill to go out,we emailed the club to say how disapionted we were with the service.
At 5.15 a very nice young lady phoned us to apologise profusely and explain about the total system crash.She said she had been dealing with very upset people all day at the window they had IT experts coming from all over the country.
She then took our order for tickets got us the seats we wanted. We then sent an email thanking the club.