Flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Flower

Post by DaveO »

Flower cost us the match. No two ways about it.

He's pro player and he will rightly be looking for the ground to swallow him up.

No excuse for the second punch at all which is the one that meant he had to go.

You can't play for 78 mins and expect to win and the fact we kept them to 14 shows they were there for the taking.

Until Flower through that punch. What a way to lose a final to Saints, hand it too them in plate.

superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:Brain dead and disgusting
Not heard from you for a few weeks then back with a negative, surprise surprise!! I agree it was brain dead and disgusting in terms of the 2nd punch, but for me Hohoia should have been sent off for his forearm smash in Flowers face that started it all. Just because Flower retaliated should not make what Hohoia did exempt from punishment!!
I feel honoured you have noticed I haven't been online I have been and still am out of the country and had limited wifi access. Yes hohoia was a little sh*t I agree but flower needs to keep his cool and composure let them go a man down be the professional, by the way I'm not going to put all the blame on flower as the rest of the team took so many wrong options, made so many errors, I'm not knocking the effort that was brilliant, I just think we played dumb rugby at times throughout the game. who knows maybe the pressure got to them
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:Flower cost us the match. No two ways about it.

He's pro player and he will rightly be looking for the ground to swallow him up.

You can't play for 78 mins and expect to win and the fact we kept them to 14 shows they were there for the taking.

Until Flower through that punch. What a way to lose a final to Saints, hand it too them in plate.
The 2nd punch was disgraceful however in my opinion he would have been sent for the first anyway but more to the point how has what Hohaia done just been passed over?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

superleague wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:Brain dead and disgusting
Not heard from you for a few weeks then back with a negative, surprise surprise!! I agree it was brain dead and disgusting in terms of the 2nd punch, but for me Hohoia should have been sent off for his forearm smash in Flowers face that started it all. Just because Flower retaliated should not make what Hohoia did exempt from punishment!!
I feel honoured you have noticed I haven't been online I have been and still am out of the country and had limited wifi access. Yes hohoia was a little sh*t I agree but flower needs to keep his cool and composure let them go a man down be the professional, by the way I'm not going to put all the blame on flower as the rest of the team took so many wrong options, made so many errors, I'm not knocking the effort that was brilliant, I just think we played dumb rugby at times throughout the game. who knows maybe the pressure got to them
I think we played very well considering, except Bowen! The only dumb decision in my opinion was going for 2 at 8-6, we should have gone for a try!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
menpond

Post by menpond »

Lots of threads said they were worried re. Flowers temper.So a planned move by Saints? to get him off early doors.?
mp
Garydog

Post by Garydog »

@ true blue, the answer to your question is 'yes i have' thats what makes me professional. I do, what i am paid to do
BriH

Post by BriH »

DaveO, I agree with every word you've said.
Flower has let himself down, his team mates, his coach, his Club and, most importantly, the spectators.
I would get rid of him now.
Shame on him.
superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Not heard from you for a few weeks then back with a negative, surprise surprise!! I agree it was brain dead and disgusting in terms of the 2nd punch, but for me Hohoia should have been sent off for his forearm smash in Flowers face that started it all. Just because Flower retaliated should not make what Hohoia did exempt from punishment!!
I think we played very well considering, except Bowen! The only dumb decision in my opinion was going for 2 at 8-6, we should have gone for a try!!
I agree re Bowen and running it and going for the try I was screaming tap it
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

BriH wrote:

DaveO, I agree with every word you've said.
Flower has let himself down, his team mates, his coach, his Club and, most importantly, the spectators.
I would get rid of him now.
Shame on him.
Yes lets sack Waney too for getting him fired up
Get a grip you bell end
TrueBlueWarrior

Garydog wrote:@ true blue, the answer to your question is 'yes i have' thats what makes me professional. I do, what i am paid to do
Must be great to never make mistakes!!