What suspension will Ben get?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: What suspension will Ben get?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:Big call BUT Wigan RLFC should cite LH. It puts his involvement on the agenda and offers a possible defence for Ben Flower.
Remember how it worked out for them last time they tried to go against the panel with Newton didn't he end up with an extra 3 games??

I think it will be 10 games. 8 would be right but I feel like if will be 10
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cpwigan wrote:Fat Bar Steward Woo is talking about going beyond the 8 matches
Richardson asked Wood (no, pressured him) during radio interview if 8 was going to be the maximum punishment available, in any charge category, to which Wood said they do have legislation to go above that, where circumstances apply i.e. they do not have their hands tied behind their backs.

Whatever, the final decision rests with the disciplinary panel (can't imagine Wilkin would be eligible as a current player).
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Big call BUT Wigan RLFC should cite LH. It puts his involvement on the agenda and offers a possible defence for Ben Flower.
Remember how it worked out for them last time they tried to go against the panel with Newton didn't he end up with an extra 3 games??

I think it will be 10 games. 8 would be right but I feel like if will be 10
If LH is not cited by the RFL then we need to do their job for then. No ifs / buts.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

The rfl will look at the full incident natuarally, and it will all come down to Ben pushing him in the first place imho, but as already stated LH should be charged for the forearms, i also wonder if arsebrook will be pulled for bringing the game into disrepute for his stupid comment about swearing, and also that "THUG" as Ben is being labelled , Masoe for his headhunting tactics in the first minute.
Paul
markill

Post by markill »

Minimum grade e and at least 6 games for Flower. Could be F and then its anyones guess. I'm not sure that they have to let him use one in a trial game but have done in the past.

Hohaia should get grade c-e based on the guidelines. Depends on interpretation, then ban will depend on how much missing the final is used as a mitigating factor.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Don't even want to contemplate the outcome but unfortunately he will be made an example of. It will be anything above eight games and my guess is it is going to be something in the region of Ten. If it had been against one of the smaller clubs and not such an high profile game it would more than likely have been around five games. But the crux of the matter is that this is St Helens arch whingers who will try to eke out the longest possible ban they can. Don't expect to see Ben until at the very least May. I shall be cheering him onto the pitch as loudly as I can. :D
Wiz

Post by Wiz »

markill wrote:Minimum grade e and at least 6 games for Flower. Could be F and then its anyones guess. I'm not sure that they have to let him use one in a trial game but have done in the past.

Hohaia should get grade c-e based on the guidelines. Depends on interpretation, then ban will depend on how much missing the final is used as a mitigating factor.
I predict 20 matches and an MBE for LH however.....

I would expect Flower to be grade F (8+) but I interpret the guidelines as LH's "intentional use of the forearms / elbow off the ball" as grade E/F also. Obviously it won't be deemed as bad as Flower but from that it has to be minimum of 4 matches.

Realistically, Flower is going to get stung because if the public interest etc (despite raising the profile of the league much more than the Stobart sponsorship deal did)

Would say 8 to 10 is sensible but that means it'll be at least 12

They can't take the "big match, big publicity" into account because the punishment has already been much bigger than it would have been getting sent off and losing a regular match. Plus it was provoked so although there are aggravating factors, from the guidelines there are mitigating factors too.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiz wrote: Realistically, Flower is going to get stung because if the public interest etc (despite raising the profile of the league much more than the Stobart sponsorship deal did)

Would say 8 to 10 is sensible but that means it'll be at least 12

They can't take the "big match, big publicity" into account because the punishment has already been much bigger than it would have been getting sent off and losing a regular match. Plus it was provoked so although there are aggravating factors, from the guidelines there are mitigating factors too.

The publicity is going to work against him. It is already all over the place and the media eyes are watching. We have tits like Lineker tweeting about it and its gone pretty viral on the back of the sports pages.

Looking at it logically you might say 8 games as it really was a shocker make no mistake but not 10 or 12 due to getting elbowed in the chin first.

Somehow I think the media frenzy will mean such logic is cast aside and I'd be surprised if the RFL do not use the option to ban for longer.

If they did and it ended up at 12 I honestly don't think Flower or us could complain.

cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Wiz

Post by Wiz »

Should be forced to forfeit the match and let the team with the poorest performance in grand final history become champions.

Oh hang on, that's already happened....... Call it quits then!!!