wigan jerseys..

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wolftown warrior

wigan jerseys..

Post by wolftown warrior »

a little question..
the new home & away kits from patrick..
how long do we intend to use the style of the new one.. ( as in do they change every year like the soccer kits?)
if so.. any ideas if the will be changing again next year, &
what would u like to see our next away kit to be like?
& although i own both the jerseys.. i`m not that 'keen ' on the new home one, compared to the adidas one..
& my own personal fave when we had the nike one with the ' norweb' sponser on it..liked both the home & away jerseys ..

whats everyone think? or are there faves??
Fraggle

Re: wigan jerseys..

Post by Fraggle »

I really liked the 2000/2001 home shirt which was the first of the Adidas ones, and also the black Adidas shirt we had in 2001. The blue one before that was dreadful, you couldn't read any numbers on the back, and I never really liked last year's home shirt either.

No real opinions on this year's shirts, but what really annoys me is whenever we change manufacturer the sizes change. I'm a bit of a short-ar*e and traditionally go for a medium shirt, but this year's medium shirt is like a dress it's so long (not good for a bloke!) whilst last year's medium shirt was a bit on the small size. Can we have some consistency please?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
rach15

Re: Re: wigan jerseys..

Post by rach15 »

I really like both the shirts this year and in particular the home one its one of my faves!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I prefer the old shirts with the Norweb logo's. This season's feel like I have bullet proof padding where the JJB logo is. I hate the Rock FM logo on the sleeve, the material feels cheap and it is generally just mass produced c**p! I think hat when they were making the shirt, the designers were told to make something that cost nothing to make but brings in loads of profit.
I think the designers need to seriously re-think this whole design before next season!
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

I think the same as you Ellie, the logo on the front is like having armour on and the material is like a dinner ladies uniform I'm just grateful we don't have to wear those flippin socks, they send your eyes funny. I'm all for the cherry and white hoops its just so very Wigan but I don't think it'd be hard to come up with something better than this years model. Quite like the away strip and the players certainly look fit in it!
MRS BRIAN CARNEY

Post by MRS BRIAN CARNEY »

I really like last years away shirt but never bought one. Does anyone know where i an pick one up, i have tried on the usual ebay etc. i have this seasons away and i really like it, i think the team look great in it too.
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

Dont really like the home shirt this season but i love the away shirt i wear it for most home and all away games infact since i got the away shirt i think i have only worn the home one once or twice
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

Grego

Post by Grego »

This years home shirt is pants!!!............if thats the right word. It is the worst shirt we have had for some time, although the away shirt is okay. The quality of both is pretty poor though and i hope that patrick only have a contract for this year although i think they are linked to jjb in some way so we probably will be stuck with them for some time yet.
Welski

Post by Welski »

Stupid Question but ....

How do the players shirts differ from the "replica" ones?

I'm with Ellie about the Kevlar JJB logo...have they stitched a dinner pate into the fabric?

Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Brian Edgar

Post by Brian Edgar »

The shirts are crap. Cheap and nasty but they bring in massive profit margins for you know who because he and Patrick have a 'special arrangement' Fair enough if Latics want to wear crap but we are Wigan's premier sporting establishment so we should cut our cloth accordingly, so to speak. What's it to be next year Diadora?