Wigan RLFC Wave The White Flag

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Wigan RLFC Wave The White Flag

Post by Mike »

Or: Wigan sensibly draw a line under this and move on.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike wrote:Or: Wigan sensibly draw a line under this and move on.
So the next time it happens to Wigan RLFC we say thankyou very much, can we kiss your backsides?

I may have been mistaken but everybody endorsing the ass kissing we are so sorry approach argued it would gain Wigan RLFC far more and that we would be treated wonderfully by the RFL and that the likes of McManus would suddenly become IL's bossom buddy.

The RFL took the P and we said thankyou and in doing so condoned an unfair / unjust Kangaroo Court. We look forward and will support you the next time you do it too. RL is such a wonderfully led sport. Is it any wonder SKY & sponsors then take the P out of the sport too.

We sold our souls today.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:
Mike wrote:Or: Wigan sensibly draw a line under this and move on.
So the next time it happens to Wigan RLFC we say thankyou very much, can we kiss your backsides?

I may have been mistaken but everybody endorsing the ass kissing we are so sorry approach argued it would gain Wigan RLFC far more and that we would be treated wonderfully by the RFL and that the likes of McManus would suddenly become IL's bossom buddy.

The RFL took the P and we said thankyou and in doing so condoned an unfair / unjust Kangaroo Court. WE look forward and will support you the next time you do it too.

We sold our souls today.
There's one thing for sure, Gary Hetherington wouldn't have let these RFL bafoons bully his club into taking such a ban without a fight.
It was always going to be the white flag waving from Wigan irrespective of Flowers punishment.
I just hope they stick by the bloke and don't just cast him aside.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The club will stick by him PM. He is a very good player and a valuable asset. Look at Scott Taylor, if you have value, you will be kept irrespective of anything else.

He was made to stand on the naughty step, nod and look like he had convicted of murder rather than throwing two punches at a crazed lunatic who sprinted 30 yards and tried to break his jaw. Ben like anybody else in his position (sent off / final) would already be feeling bad enough before being tried in the media and then put on the naughty step.

What have Wigan RLFC achieved? NOTHING We will get nothing whatsoever from our participation in this charade and in doing so we by our actions endorse the hapless / hopeless RFL.

What has the sport achieved? NOTHING The disciplinary process remains arbitrary, unfair and unjust.

I think I said previously our players in this great sport are treated like mill workers at the beck and call of Victoria mill owners.

RL is a sport played by Lions, led by donkeys.

Today for me was as bad as the salary cap fiasco, probably worse. As a Wigan supporter I am so sorry for/to Ben Flower. We let him down more than he did to us in the GF.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:The club will stick by him PM. He is a very good player and a valuable asset. Look at Scott Taylor, if you have value, you will be kept irrespective of anything else.

He was made to stand on the naughty step, nod and look like he had convicted of murder rather than throwing two punches at a crazed lunatic who sprinted 30 yards and tried to break his jaw. Ben like anybody else in his position (sent off / final) would already be feeling bad enough before being tried in the media and then put on the naughty step.

What have Wigan RLFC achieved? NOTHING We will get nothing whatsoever from our participation in this charade and in doing so we by our actions endorse the hapless / hopeless RFL.

What has the sport achieved? NOTHING The disciplinary process remains arbitrary, unfair and unjust.

I think I said previously our players in this great sport are treated like mill workers at the beck and call of Victoria mill owners.

RL is a sport played by Lions, led by donkeys.

Today for me was as bad as the salary cap fiasco, probably worse. As a Wigan supporter I am so sorry for/to Ben Flower. We let him down more than he did to us in the GF.
This whole gutless charade by WWRLFC, has made me seriously consider if I want to pay my money through the turnstiles until Ben Flower returns.
My kids are 21, 16 and 15 and they all feel exactly the same in that Wigans attitude to let Ben hang out to dry just doesn't justify us paying £80 to attend.
Wigan have all the artillery to throw back at the RFL with video evidence of Ohia's forearm smash to a player off the ball which would no doubt embarrass the RFL for the decision they have made on that cowards behalf, yet they wave the white flag.
Beyond Terry Newton leaving us this is the sadest day I have witnessed as a Wigan supporter and it will take a long time for me to gain Wigans respect again.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I've spoken to a lot of wigan fans over this and the opinion is split. Half think flower has been hard done too and the others think he got what he deserved.

It's a bit like the Liverpool fans over Saurez. The problem with Suarez is that football is the national sport and it was headline news. Unfortunately as the flower punch was in the grand final so is also national news and the RFL had to be seen to be tough.

I think the ban is acceptable, what I don't think though is the inconsistency of the of the disciplinary panel. Hohaia's hit was worthy of a 3-4 match ban and so was Paul Woods assault on Petty. As for Westwoods also in a grand final then he should have looking at 5-6 matches.

This is what's annoying, but it doesn't mean Flower should be lower. I also think the RFL have tried to make it look worse by saying 6 months, whereas we are in the off season for the next 4.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 248640.stm

maybe they remember this

terry newtons ban was increased last time we disagreed
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Ok,we are all jumping up and down about this and whether you agree with decision or not it has been accepted. If it were Ohiha that had punched Flower in the same way then we would all probably be screaming for a long ban.

We now need to show that we are bigger than this and support Ben Flower and somehow try to go forward and look towards a new season. I personally think the ban is too long but we are stuck with it.It won't be easy but nothing involving Wigan ever is

.COME ON PEOPLE, LET'S GET BEHIND THE CLUB!!WE ARE USED TO BATTLES
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Agree completely. Time to move on. (I hope Ben can too!)

If he doesn't get affected by some of the tripe being said in the media and does come back then I'll be there cheering him on like crazy!

I won't be clapping his moment of stupidity - but I will be clapping his comeback!

That's how we show we are loyal, a club and can withstand all the opposition!