Wigan RLFC Wave The White Flag

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jules

Re: Wigan RLFC Wave The White Flag

Post by Jules »

WRL could do very little here, the RFL panel had all the cards, and the support for Ben starts now from WRL. The punishment given to Ben is strong, but not as bad as it could have been.
The best way Wigan can support Ben now is to accept the punishment, send him off for a long holiday, and let the publiciity die.
Who here thinks that Ben wants the ban to be disputed over and over. It just keeps the pressure on him. He may get three games back, best case, or they may give him 12 months.
IL & SW are doing the right thng here, let it die, and welcome a great player back when pre-season comes around.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Turning the other cheek allows others to suffer a similar fate. Let's forget about it is asinine. Progress in any walk of life was achieved by people who refused to accept the status quo and refused to turn the other cheek.

We once had an unbelievable opportunity to make Britain a very special place but the lack of desire from the majority, the willingness not to rock the boat saw Britain fall from world leader to a malaise.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

cpwigan wrote:Turning the other cheek allows others to suffer a similar fate. Let's forget about it is asinine. Progress in any walk of life was achieved by people who refused to accept the status quo and refused to turn the other cheek.

We once had an unbelievable opportunity to make Britain a very special place but the lack of desire from the majority, the willingness not to rock the boat saw Britain fall from world leader to a malaise.
Well since Ben Flower has now had a death threat on twitter by some silly scumbag I think it's the correct thing to let it die down before the whole episode gets out of hand.Sorry but that's my opinion
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

CP what the hell did you expect how can you defend the action of Flower , his stupidity lost us the game mov eon
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

i wonder how early the RFLC will have us playing against Stains
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

OAMJSS wrote:CP what the hell did you expect how can you defend the action of Flower , his stupidity lost us the game mov eon
When has anyone defended what Flower did? I suggest you read things properly!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Thank god for some common sense on this posting. Ignore the hysterical posturing.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

OAMJSS wrote:CP what the hell did you expect how can you defend the action of Flower , his stupidity lost us the game mov eon
First and foremost, the sending off whilst making the game far more difficult did not equate to losing the game. The man down Wigan could and should have beaten Saints, you can base that on stats or by mere observations.

NOBODY is saying Ben Flower is not guilty. His 2nd punch was distasteful just as a man sprinting 30 yards to ram his forearms / elbows into the jaw if Ben Flower were equally distasteful. If LH was Gaz Hock, the outcome would have completely different which is absurd.

Flower is a side issue. The big issue is the incompetence and glaring inconsistencies of the RFL when dealing with onfield matters and/or officiating.

It now matters not, 99% want to turn a blind eye, forget it, move on YET I say it again it will happen again and again in 2015 as it did in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and so on. RL will continue to be small time and underachieve. If it makes you all happy then enjoy it but never complain about anything again to do with RL.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

jao711 wrote:Thank god for some common sense on this posting. Ignore the hysterical posturing.
:eusa2: :lol1:

Stay around you will fit right in
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm not sure where you get this 99% don't want to improve consistency.

I'd say based on the postings here that 99% *agree with you* that consistency needs to be improved. What they *disagree* about is the tactics.

Once again you only see what you want - which is getting to be some distance from reality. I'm concerned.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆