is it time for a bigger superleague?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Vambo

Re: is it time for a bigge...

Post by Vambo »

One of the main problems with expanding SL is the lack of quality players to go round.
I'm all for doing away with the ridiculous situation of playing teams 3 times during the regular league season, only to possibly meet them yet again in the playoffs. SL is in danger of 'diluting' certain derbies because of the number of times teams meet during the season.
On the other hand though... there's not much point expanding the comp in order to let other teams in if those teams aren't gonna be able to at least compete realistically with those currently in SL.
I'm actually in favour of the way that the NRL is run and the way that SL is going in 2009. At the very least, that way, any new teams admitted to these comps will have the necessary framework in place both on and off the field to stand a chance of doing more than just survive in SL.

I will stain your affection, I will wear out your heart
the pieman

Re: is it time for a bigge...

Post by the pieman »

how about super-duper-mega league

(reminds me of american sports)

Some football idiot on text the other day had nothing but bad things to say about RL

He is obviously happy with diving, cheating, over paid prima donnas with no respect for referees

Claimed that everything RL does is American ie names and sin bins

Football could learn a hell of a lot from the game with regards to respect for officials and fellow players