leeds or hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: leeds or hull

Post by Fraggle »

warrior till i die posted:
come on hull!! Only because kear used to be assistant at wigan.
I'd be as inclined to cheer against Kear, he was a waste of space at Wigan. But Briscoe's a Wiganer so that's a much better reason to cheer for Hull! Leeds are on a par with Saints in my mind, doesn't matter who plays there I wouldn't cheer for them (Leeds vs Saints should always be a 0-0 draw in my mind!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

warrior till i die posted:
And here are the words for old faithful

Old Faithful

Old Faithful we roam the range together,

Old Faithful in any kind of weather,

When the round up days are over,

And the Boulevard’s white with clover,

For you old faithful pal of mine.

Giddy up old fella cos the moon is yellow tonight,

Giddy up old fella cos the moon is mellow and bright,

There’s a coyote crying at the moon above,

Carry me back to the one I love,

And you old faithful pal of mine.
and if you go on the hull website you can download the tune,ive done that and my singing lesson are going well :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
i agree i want it for briscoe plus u have to cheer for underdog i dont agree with the fact that kear was a waste of space
I'm not actually sure what Kear did at Wigan. He was the most anonymous Assistant Coach I've ever come across, and the most annoying thing was after our slaughter in the Grand Final against Bradford he, along with several players, refused to acknowledge the Wigan fans who suffered until the very end. I understand he'll have been upset, but a few of us had stayed until the end of the trophy presentation to acknowledge the fact that we'd had a good season overall, despite the dreadful loss in the Final, and a little bit of gratitude to those of us who had paid to watch Bradford lift the trophy might have been nice. It's only a little thing, but it's the little things that matter to the fans.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

lmao. tolouse did quite well against leeds i thought in the first half. but tolouse would be seen as the worse team out of the 2 being tolouse and saints. everyone was expecting leeds to score quite a few points. no one expected hull to beat saints like they did. i think hull deserve it more because of the fact i think they had to work harder to get there. and for briscoe. and because they are the underdogs. but i don't like john kear either.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Fraggle posted:
pie eaters posted:
i agree i want it for briscoe plus u have to cheer for underdog i dont agree with the fact that kear was a waste of space
I'm not actually sure what Kear did at Wigan. He was the most anonymous Assistant Coach I've ever come across, and the most annoying thing was after our slaughter in the Grand Final against Bradford he, along with several players, refused to acknowledge the Wigan fans who suffered until the very end. I understand he'll have been upset, but a few of us had stayed until the end of the trophy presentation to acknowledge the fact that we'd had a good season overall, despite the dreadful loss in the Final, and a little bit of gratitude to those of us who had paid to watch Bradford lift the trophy might have been nice. It's only a little thing, but it's the little things that matter to the fans.
Didn't know that Kear had acted like that after the Grand Final defeat - that's disappointing, I thought he was better than that.

He may have been a quiet assistant coach, however it was interesting that after he left, Raper got the boot half way through the season. I think Kear is a pretty good coach and he certainly seemed to have some input when Wigan bashed the Saints at Murrayfield.

As for the Sheffield eagles thing - I was there and I've never been so depressed after a match as I was that day. Wigan would have played better if they had stayed on the team coach
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Matthew posted:
Fraggle posted:
pie eaters posted:
Didn't know that Kear had acted like that after the Grand Final defeat - that's disappointing, I thought he was better than that.

He may have been a quiet assistant coach, however it was interesting that after he left, Raper got the boot half way through the season. I think Kear is a pretty good coach and he certainly seemed to have some input when Wigan bashed the Saints at Murrayfield.

As for the Sheffield eagles thing - I was there and I've never been so depressed after a match as I was that day. Wigan would have played better if they had stayed on the team coach
my brother was that drunk that night ,he ended up in wigan,can see you all thinking so

problem is he lived in cardiff :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

I'l go for Hull to but only because of Briscoe But dont know if il go to Cardiff. Got the tickets but its a bit far for me specially when Wigan ar enot there. I dont mind going to watch 2 other teams at grand final but Cardiff is a bit further to drive to from Glasgow lol.

So watch this space might be 2 tickets up for grabs :conf:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Vambo

Post by Vambo »

I'm just looking forward to the game and hoping that it's a cracker.
It would be nice to see Hull lift the cup if only to show people who only watch the cup games on the bbc that Rugby league isn't just about Wigan, Leeds, Saints and Bradford but that it is possible for a team outside the so called 'big four' to not only compete against but also to beat them!
When Wigan lost to Sheffield and also to Cas in the Regal Trophy (I forget the year?) whilst not being the best feeling in the world to Wigan fans, it did give the british game a boost and a feeling that Wigan weren't gonna win everything even if in those days it seemed like they would.

How great is it gonna be to watch British talent such as (injuries permitting) Sinfield, Burrows, Diskin, McGuire, Horne, Cooke, Briscoe, Thackery, Senior etc showing their skills to a large tv audience. May even convert a few fans to the greatest game.
I will stain your affection, I will wear out your heart