WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE SOUTH STAND

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ellie from the Block!

WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE SOUTH STAND

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Does anyone know why the stewards were acting like headless chickens on speed tonight in the South Stand?????
Of late the stewards have begun to pull fans up on petty things and even the people with drums were told...you can drum as long as you sit down, which is just stupid. Without them there would be no atmosphere.
People weren't allowed to stand for very long and generally, the first half hour was a miserable experience.
It's not as though we all kick off like soccer fans!
rugbynelly

Re: WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE S...

Post by rugbynelly »

i agree totally with that.
My little couzen and his freinds were blowing one of those hooters and a steward came over and then said "you cant blow that or we will have to take it off you!!", i dont see why they should do that.
And another thing, when people throw bog roll(im one my self) often the stewards say you cant throw that its a missile, its a roll of TISSUE whats it going to do to people???

I think they need some new bye laws and rules.
theres only 1 team in wigan
MrsLam

Re: Re: WHAT WAS GOING ON IN T...

Post by MrsLam »

Well they've got a cheek really, have the wigan rugby fans ever ran onto the pitch? And do we stand at the advert boards and bang on them during the match or run down to the front when we score? No, but they dont bother when a certain football team does it do they.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Welski

Re: Re: Re: WHAT WAS GOING ON ...

Post by Welski »

With the exception of a decidedly ugly incident at Hull a few years back RL fans have to be amongst the best behaved there are?

I remember travelling up from Essex with some friends when the Lads entertained Stains at Central Park..having been to a few football games I was amazed that at the end of the game both sets of supporters were just herded out together down the narrow alleyways etc...Apart from some light hearted banter there was never any trouble...I suppose it helped that we always won!

Its probably a case of the stewards using the same set of regulations that they use for the "Football Hooligans"(sic)

Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Ellie from the Block!

Right then, as everyone so far agrees that the stewards are going over the top, I am off to e-mail the club (for what it's worth!!!!)

I am not paying £125 per season to sit in a graveyard!!! The place needs a bit of life! If this is what they want then they can give us a new ground without football scum so that the rugby fans can have a good time, great atmosphere without the idiots spoiling it all....(the stewards that is!)
Jilly43

Post by Jilly43 »

well said Ellie but good luck because in my experience the club never listen to the fans!!!!
Ellie from the Block!

Right, well I've sent an e-mail, let's see what reply I get.

I did tell them that they should look at this message board if they want ideas on how to improve matches...so.watch this space.....

don't think they'll reply though.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They've probaly been training stewards for the forthcoming footy season - and trying out the tactics on the rugby fans. Rubbish.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ellie from the Block!

Crickey!!!!!!
I had a little e-mail from the top brass at the club asking for my postal address to reply to the e-mail.
Do you think they're going to send it in an envelope laced with anthrax??????
Maybe they're sending "The Heavies" around to beat up a non-conformist!!!!!!!!!
Will let you know the reply when I get it......if I am still alive............
help!