joe burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

joe burgess

Post by gillysmyhero »

Is definitely going to Sydney next year confirmed by Kris radkinski at fans forum
medlocke

Re: joe burgess

Post by medlocke »

Very poor, young players who have come through the ranks and had so much time invested in them should be made to play a minimum of 3 full seasons in the first team before they are allowed to leave unless the clubs has no intention of keeping them, should be made a rule by the RFL IMO
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Terrible news. Another nail in the coffin of super league.

I await the happy clappers on here with the Manfredi will come in and take over.

If we keep losing our best players to oz then we will see an inferior product.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Terrible news. Another nail in the coffin of super league.

I await the happy clappers on here with the Manfredi will come in and take over.

If we keep losing our best players to oz then we will see an inferior product.
Tbh i thought we were already there.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

TBH it was always on the cards but, i don't like it. The club brings them through looking after them from an early age they want for nothing and as soon as they hit the first team they are allowed to just go when they please. It's the old story MONEY talks.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:( Gutted. We are getting and less time with our best prospects. Not an easy player to replace.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Ian Lenegan and Kris Radlinski said that with Joe Burgess it wasn't about the money it was about him wanting to live the Sydney lifestyle.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gillysmyhero wrote:Ian Lenegan and Kris Radlinski said that with Joe Burgess it wasn't about the money it was about him wanting to live the Sydney lifestyle.
I am sure he will be on peanuts....
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

gillysmyhero wrote:Ian Lenegan and Kris Radlinski said that with Joe Burgess it wasn't about the money it was about him wanting to live the Sydney lifestyle.
I feel much better that that's the reason. I was beating myself up thinking the club wouldn't make him a tempting offer to stay!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The club started talks with Joe this time last year after he scored four tries in the Leigh friendly.

Rads said that no matter how much money they offered Joe he wanted the Sydney lifestyle.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan