Re: Problem with Wigan TV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

I have just signed up to Wigan TV for 12 months,i have just had a glance at it and it seems alright to me,going out for a few pints have a good look tomorrow.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It's a bargain and they could/can do so much more with it.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

It is indeed a bargain and I suspect one of the reasons for the surge in subscriptions is now more games on a Thursday Night which is making it look that less supporters will be travelling away on those Nights. It is not making it look good for attendances at some away grounds on Thursdays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

You can't watch live games though so I doubt that affects wigan tv subscriptions.

Btw why's Thursday harder than Friday for away games. Seems like lighter traffic to me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:You can't watch live games though so I doubt that affects wigan tv subscriptions.

Btw why's Thursday harder than Friday for away games. Seems like lighter traffic to me.
We shall see the proof in the pudding with attendances of games on a Thursday Night.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Surely the proof is already there bevause they did it last year. I don't recall a major effect.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Btw didn't we used to have a fair number of Wednesday night games going back a few years. I used to enjoy them. Big crowds and good atmosphere under lights. Something to look forward to midweek.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:Btw didn't we used to have a fair number of Wednesday night games going back a few years. I used to enjoy them. Big crowds and good atmosphere under lights. Something to look forward to midweek.
I also went to many mid week games at he time but that was before sport on Sky television, summer rugby, other summer interests, holidays, more cars on the road, and now different lifestyles by younger people.

Thursday Night or any mid week games don't bother me, but the fact remains that sport on television every night, even Wigan TV is bound to have a bearing on away support today, especially those away games where supporters travel to on the infamous M62.