8 point try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: 8 point try

Post by Owd Codger »

curryman wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: When was the last time a penalty was awarded against a team scoring a try for foul play? Answers on a postcard please. Sky aremaking a mountain out of a mole hill because this is Wigan!
According to Wikipedia (aka Thickipedia, so this may not be correct)

"In rugby league, an 8-point try is awarded if the defending team commits an act of foul play as the ball is being grounded. The try is awarded, and is followed by a conversion attempt, in-line from where the try was scored, and then a penalty kick from in front of the posts".

As Matty Smith booted the Widnes player after the try had been awarded, this still would not apply to the Widnes debacle.
Correct!
rdownes9

Post by rdownes9 »

I couldn't beleive how much those two old farts were banging on about the 8 point try. It's about time they were put out of their misery! Sky's coverage is great with the exception of them two!!

Also on the Matty Smith incident, the fact that the ref has demmed it a sin-bin offence and not a red card should surely be the matter dealt with for me. I know the authorities don't see it that way, but he's disciplined the player, that should be the matter closed for me
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

curryman wrote:there was an 8 point try awarded in this game in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkzP7bdsPRk
True, but when was a penalty awarded against a team scoring a try?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

rdownes9 wrote:I couldn't beleive how much those two old farts were banging on about the 8 point try. It's about time they were put out of their misery! Sky's coverage is great with the exception of them two!!

Also on the Matty Smith incident, the fact that the ref has demmed it a sin-bin offence and not a red card should surely be the matter dealt with for me. I know the authorities don't see it that way, but he's disciplined the player, that should be the matter closed for me
He should be suspended for stupidity! Give Rocky a go!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards