Re: Will Wigan RL reach the top 4 this season?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

No, if Wane keeps playing weaker teams in away games like he has done for the past two seasons on the assumption that it will be two certain points.

When I go to watch Wigan, I expect to see the strongest team available bar any injuries and/or suspensions, especially from this season onwards with the new fixture system and only a top four play off competition.

On team selections, I am critical of Wane.

Beware IL, the supporters are getting restless!
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

no , plenty good kids but not enough experience and quality around them to ease them in , theres too much expected of them too soon
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I said after the Hudds game last year that we'd win nowt, we won't this year either.
We are four quality players down from the GF last year at this moment in time and by the time we get two back it may well be too late, so no.
Still IL gets to live the dream!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:No, if Wane keeps playing weaker teams in away games like he has done for the past two seasons on the assumption that it will be two certain points.

When I go to watch Wigan, I expect to see the strongest team available bar any injuries and/or suspensions, especially from this season onwards with the new fixture system and only a top four play off competition.

On team selections, I am critical of Wane.

Beware IL, the supporters are getting restless!
Has somebody high jacked your sign in?:D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Oddly we could still make the 4. I like the look of Saints thus far with their game plan already superior to ours. Wire you expect to do well. After that Cats I guess if they keep their best players fit.

I would not expect Wigan to win anything in 2015.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No, we are poop at the moment and every second counts
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I think that we will, only because there are a lot of poor teams in this league! Change some selections, alter our style of play and get us on dry grounds then we will take some beating.........I know I'm asking for a lot!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Is this then not a season to re-build, or try out options?
Some suggestions like Williams and Hampshire in the halves, Dan at Fullback, Manfredi on the wing, Gildart in the centres, Josh in the centres, Greenwood with first team match time. Bateman and or Joel at Loose Foreward?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Is this then not a season to re-build, or try out options?
Some suggestions like Williams and Hampshire in the halves, Dan at Fullback, Manfredi on the wing, Gildart in the centres, Josh in the centres, Greenwood with first team match time. Bateman and or Joel at Loose Foreward?
I am with you PM.I would also question is it also time for a new coach to take these youngsters forward.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

thing is i hear a lot of people spouting "its only 3 games in"

but why are we finding it so difficult to find form, we havent had any great shake ups in the team, saints have started the season without their first choice half back and managing to pull out wins, leeds look miles ahead of us at present. Even huddersfield who are below us in the league are playing better.

I think we may struggle to be honest, cats look strong this year and todd carney makes any team he plays in better

at the moment top 4 id go;

leeds
saints
wire
cats
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure