Discipline

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Discipline

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

DaveO wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:According to SW in tonights post he says that there is not a problem with teams discipline. I find that totally astounding that he can't see it.
On the bbcweb site it says this:

"We were just dumb with the ball and just not acceptable."

"When we did get the ball, we scored, so it's a hard one to take,
I'm frustrated but the players understand that it is really simple - if we keep hold of the ball, we'll win games and that is what we need to do quickly."
So he's not worked out one reason we don't have the ball is we are giving penalties away?

He also said this Dave.

"We helped them by giving penalties away but I thought with the effort we put in, we should have got something out of the game."

then in next breath says discipline is not a problem. I Don't agree that fatigue is the reason for penalty's. Just poor temperament.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
DaveO wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:According to SW in tonights post he says that there is not a problem with teams discipline. I find that totally astounding that he can't see it.

I'm frustrated but the players understand that it is really simple - if we keep hold of the ball, we'll win games and that is what we need to do quickly."
So he's not worked out one reason we don't have the ball is we are giving penalties away?

He also said this Dave.

"We helped them by giving penalties away but I thought with the effort we put in, we should have got something out of the game."

then in next breath says discipline is not a problem. I Don't agree that fatigue is the reason for penalty's. Just poor temperament.

The above is not on the BBC web site so is he saying the reason we are giving penalties away is tiredness?
keptinthedarkfans

DaveO wrote:
DaveO wrote:

He also said this Dave.

The above is not on the BBC web site so is he saying the reason we are giving penalties away is tiredness?

Sorry Dave just realised what you mean. SW did not say anything about fatigue. I was answering 2 posts in my reply. The point I was making was on bbc website SW says
We helped them by giving penalties away but I thought with the effort we put in, we should have got something out of the game."
Then in the post tonight says.discipline is not a problem.

Just thought he was contradicting himself.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

DaveO wrote:

He also said this Dave.

The above IS on the bbc website. He does not give a reason on why we give away so many penaltys.
CUT&PASTE from BBC web site:
Wigan Warriors head coach Shaun Wane criticised his side after they let a 14-point lead slip in Sunday's Super League loss at Hull KR.

In their first match since their World Club Series defeat by Brisbane, Wigan were leading 20-6 in the second half.
But Rovers scored three unanswered tries to seal their comeback win.

Asked if the Brisbane game affected performance, Wane said: "It probably did. It's a tough game, we played for 90 minutes but that's the way it is."

He told BBC Radio Manchester: "We chose to do it. I still think we could have come here and won the game quite comfortably.

Joe Burgess, Lee Mossop, Josh Charnley and George Williams all crossed to give Wigan a comfortable advantage, but four tries from the hosts, plus Josh Mantellato kicking one more goal than Matty Smith, gave them their first two points of the season.

"When we did get the ball, we scored, so it's a hard one to take," added Wane.

"I'm frustrated but the players understand that it is really simple - if we keep hold of the ball, we'll win games and that is what we need to do quickly."
That is all it says here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/31693725 doesn't mention penalties at all unless I am going blind.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I think that sometimes a ref just dislikes a particular team and refs them out of a game.
keptinthedarkfans

Your eyes must be bad then dave because there is another report on there next to the one you copied and pasted.

I cut and paste this from bbc website

Hull KR head coach Chris Chester told BBC Radio Humberside:

Play mediaJump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Chester on Hull KR v Wigan

"We're absolutely delighted, I thought we were dominant for long parts of that game.

"We've had a lot of questions thrown at us - are we fit enough, are we tough enough? I think today proved that we are.

"That's the benchmark moving forward. That was really a win for team spirit."

Wigan coach Shaun Wane: "Coming to a tough place like this, you have to be at your best.

"We were a little bit dumb with the ball but, from the scraps we got, we scored tries.

"It's disappointing but I was very pleased with the effort. They showed some character backing up from last week and we looked smart when we put our plays on.

[/u]
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Its hard to disagree with you.