Wigan will beat Hull easily

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Wigan will beat Hull easily

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Walk in the park
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'll take 2 points anytime at present.
Next week will be 'interesting'!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

cpwigan wrote:That is my prediction. No splinters in my backside.
Er NO????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

morley pie eater wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:You know my view on that cpw, which differs - Flower lost us that game, far more than Wane. I am though in a minority. Up to the sending off, the performances in the previous 4 matches were a testimony to a superb side coming to the boil. Those 4 games were a fine body of work.
I can absolutely see your point though, we could have adapted our approach better during the game. We can play too much by numbers rather than what's in front of us. Perhaps the players should share the blame for that?
You're not in a minority, EW, it just seems like it on here as the Waneball dogmatists and anti-Wane stuck gramophone needle posters harangue, bore or discourage the majority.

We are accused of thinking Wane is perfect, being happy clappers, not understanding tactics etc etc, so become the "silent majority" but for the awkward squad, like me or Whelley, who insist on sticking our heads above the parapet every now and again.

I'm actually a Waneball fan, find up-the-middle five-drives-and-a-kick stuff almost as tedious as yawnion. Brian McTigue was a ball-handling prop, loved by the majority of Wigan fans, but the nay-sayers on this forum would drop him for not sticking his head down and improving his average gain stats :lol:

I do respect people like cpw for his good intentions and earnest studentship of the game, but I don't believe he and some of the other regular Wane-knockers on here are really the majority.
Two very good and different contributions, Exiled Wiganer and Morley Pie Eater.

As for sticking your head above the parapet on here, it appears to only upset those who only want a one sided debate and never consider that they could be, like you say, a minority in a majority of all our supporters outside the website.

Now, where did I put my flak jacket!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:You know my view on that cpw, which differs - Flower lost us that game, far more than Wane. I am though in a minority. Up to the sending off, the performances in the previous 4 matches were a testimony to a superb side coming to the boil. Those 4 games were a fine body of work.
I can absolutely see your point though, we could have adapted our approach better during the game. We can play too much by numbers rather than what's in front of us. Perhaps the players should share the blame for that?
You're not in a minority, EW, it just seems like it on here as the Waneball dogmatists and anti-Wane stuck gramophone needle posters harangue, bore or discourage the majority.

We are accused of thinking Wane is perfect, being happy clappers, not understanding tactics etc etc, so become the "silent majority" but for the awkward squad, like me or Whelley, who insist on sticking our heads above the parapet every now and again.

I'm actually a Waneball fan, find up-the-middle five-drives-and-a-kick stuff almost as tedious as yawnion. Brian McTigue was a ball-handling prop, loved by the majority of Wigan fans, but the nay-sayers on this forum would drop him for not sticking his head down and improving his average gain stats :lol:

I do respect people like cpw for his good intentions and earnest studentship of the game, but I don't believe he and some of the other regular Wane-knockers on here are really the majority.

As for sticking your head above the parapet on here, it appears to only upset those who only want a one sided debate and never consider that they could be, like you say, a minority in a majority of all our supporters outside the website.

Minority or majority. Why does it matter. The whole point is these are opinions of different people with different views of the game I am baffled on why it should stop someone as you put it putting there heads above parapet. The whole purpose is to generate debate without offending any one. Even my son thinks Wane is the right person that's his choice and I respect that Like I do with ALL posters on this site. So to suggest that because someone is not posting because they think they would be in minority is ludicrous.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

jobo wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
slimshady wrote:So we lost the GF due to Waneball???
We werent far off winning with twelve men, using "waneball" and if Bowen had turned the ball inside instead of out we would have won. The teams not playing well after a tough start, preperation has been disrupted with the world club games but there is an agenda on here to stick the boot in Waney, what excuse will we hear when it turns round, because it will. The teams not as strong as last year, Greens a big loss and Lockers is injured but we have some quality and players like Williams will be great for us.
No agenda just an opinion. Yes, Wane was a huge factor in losing the GF, the primary one. He was out coached by Brown. Brown adapted his game plan according to the players he had available throughout the season to the players he had available which is the hallmark of excellent coaching.

The attitude / lack of control by the players was stoked by Wane if you read his pre match comments.

The failure to control field position from the onset and throughout the game including possession owing to Waneball and not altering tactics accordingly when down to 12 men ultimately cost us victory.

Yes we had chances but so did Saints. Brown was the smart coach, Wane was the dumb coach; Saints won.
Brown outsmarted Wane and that's why we lost the GF? This is the best one yet. Even Sts fans haven't used that and I doubt even Nathan Brown thinks it.
So you do not believe it. You will bever believe anything negative about Wane and that is you right but I know several Saints and Wigan fans that share my opinion whatsmore, if you read enough in the week building up to the GF you will understand that Brown looked at his available team and adapted the way the team played (HIS WORDS) which is the hallmark of quality coaching and brave given many British / Saints fans want the 'Entertainers' RL. Wane applied his one game plan fits all formula, never adapted pre final and during the final and Saints deservedly won the GF.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
morley pie eater wrote: You're not in a minority, EW, it just seems like it on here as the Waneball dogmatists and anti-Wane stuck gramophone needle posters harangue, bore or discourage the majority.

Minority or majority. Why does it matter. The whole point is these are opinions of different people with different views of the game I am baffled on why it should stop someone as you put it putting there heads above parapet. The whole purpose is to generate debate without offending any one. Even my son thinks Wane is the right person that's his choice and I respect that Like I do with ALL posters on this site. So to suggest that because someone is not posting because they think they would be in minority is ludicrous.
Exactly. Sadly you find some pro come what may Wigan fans like Whelley struggle to handle debate that includes anything negative about Wigan RLFC (My own personal opinion is that fans like that were part of the reason we once ended up in the 2nd division; Whelley is of that age/generation). Hence Whelley attempts to personalise debate rather than add his argument.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:You can dress things up to suit your opinion as much as you want, with 13 v 13 we win the GF even if Garry Schofield was coaching us. 12 v 13 we still had chances to win but 12 v 12 which it should have been we would have won, Phil Bentham cost us the GF, not SW and not BF.
The only problem with that TB and EW is that we had already beaten and then lost to Saints with 13 v 13. So 13 v 13 NEVER gave Wigan a divine right to beat Saints and that is in the record books not my opinion.

We do not and probably will never agree and the good thing is you both argue your POV which is what adult debate should be about.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:

Nobody is suggesting 5 drives etc Morley. Ironically, if you achieve good go forward, cut out mistakes then you spend most of the match attacking your opponents 20 which is what Madge did here (remember the GF) and now does in the NRL. Hardly boring was it/is it.

Mac was an all time great but he knew what to and when and was part of British teams / Wigan teams that were ultra professional and clinical. People forget we Brits in the Mac era and before taught the Aussies what ultra professional and clinical RL was. Hence why Harry Bath cam here to learn from us and then put it into practice with the legendary St George era.

Mac could assassinate opponents using his boxing skills and defended tough / incredibly clever (fans forget Mac was like Shaun Edwards in killing opposition moves by reading play, sometimes even coming out of the line which is frowned upon I know) as alongside some brutal forwards for both Wigan and GB. Yes he could produce magic but he was as hard headed and a winner as the best to ever play this game.

So lets not Mac in a Wane era/thread :) Its like a fine dining experience to going to McDonalds.

Everybody is entitled to their own view but if Wane does not get it right soon then yes the minority which they are (incl me) will become the majority because as Wiganers we are spoiled and know quality RL. My benchmark is that if Wigan play anywhere near their best they should beat every British RL Club and give NRL ones a great game incl some victories. That to me is 'The Wigan Way' not 'Waneball'

I do smile at the red herrings put forward by the club themselves. Throughout its history Wigan RLFC has searched and signed the best talent in this country and abroad and put them alongside some home grown Wigan lads. Wigan RLFC at its best was never an all Wigan team. Indeed, the closest to that was when it all went wrong in the mid to the late 70's. We even brought the best administrators from all across the globe. Fans are perfectly allowed not to know X, Y and Z about Wigan RLFC but the club and Wane in particular should know their history and not mislead said fans. British RL officials / coaches have been doing that throughout my lifetime.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Two very good and different contributions, Exiled Wiganer and Morley Pie Eater.

Exactly. Sadly you find some pro come what may Wigan fans like Whelley struggle to handle debate that includes anything negative about Wigan RLFC (My own personal opinion is that fans like that were part of the reason we once ended up in the 2nd division; Whelley is of that age/generation). Hence Whelley attempts to personalise debate rather than add his argument.
Who's being personal now?

As for the comment about being part of a generation of the past etc, you don't do to bad yourself with some of the continual bleating about the days of Central Park and the same thing over and over again about Wane not being good enough, the virtues of Maguire who has gone and how great Jack Gibson was as the Coaching Guru.

What makes you think in addition to being the expert on coaching, players etc, that you are also the expert in handling debate, when it is all one way on your part and if anyone differs, you then resort to belittling people with the kind of comments like you have made about me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and includes people who support Wane even if it does not suit most on here!