Hooker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Hooker

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Don't agree.
Should Micky get injured or suspended, of which he has had a few of both over the past few years, we need a 9 who can fit in and do a good job for us.
Logan can do that and also if needed he can also do 80 mins. IMO we need to keep our options open and available.

IMO I'd like to see MM do 80 mins v saints and Logan 80 v Salford! Just to be awkward of course! :)
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

i think Logan needs to be given a fresh slate by some, IMO he can shine for us :blush:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
mikey

Post by mikey »

Logan not worth of a place on bench for Friday micky Mac will give Roby nightmares on Friday that's if he plays
Tomkins was very average against wakey his speed of thought and decision making is average at best
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Short Memories

Shaun Wane played MM for the 80 on numerous occasions in his first season in charge, but he was burnt out by the play offs.

Since then he has managed him much better throughout the season. Come the play offs or certainly the GF I expect Wane will play him for the 80 mins and use that spare bench spot for a back/back rower.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mac works hard particularly in defence but the quality is not there more than ever particularly in attack so the resting is not work. In a recent game for the first time IMO Logan had a positive impact replacing Mac which whilst Logan has busted a gut to improve says more about Mac than Logan.
superleague

Post by superleague »

cpwigan wrote:Mac works hard particularly in defence but the quality is not there more than ever particularly in attack so the resting is not work. In a recent game for the first time IMO Logan had a positive impact replacing Mac which whilst Logan has busted a gut to improve says more about Mac than Logan.
I've personally never really rated Mac always thought he was such a limited number 9, average distribution, no pace, and not the cleverest upstairs especially rugby brain wise
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

superleague wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Mac works hard particularly in defence but the quality is not there more than ever particularly in attack so the resting is not work. In a recent game for the first time IMO Logan had a positive impact replacing Mac which whilst Logan has busted a gut to improve says more about Mac than Logan.
I've personally never really rated Mac always thought he was such a limited number 9, average distribution, no pace, and not the cleverest upstairs especially rugby brain wise
Do you rate Roby?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
Do you rate Roby?
I do, I wish Wigan had signed him as a junior. I think he is one of the few hookers of his generation who could have made it in the NRL.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote: I've personally never really rated Mac always thought he was such a limited number 9, average distribution, no pace, and not the cleverest upstairs especially rugby brain wise
Do you rate Roby?
I do, I wish Wigan had signed him as a junior. I think he is one of the few hookers of his generation who could have made it in the NRL.
....and yet MM consistently outplays him!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Do you rate Roby?
I kinda understand what you mean but hookers don't directly play against one another like centre vs centre for example. But I think he's looked the more dominate in the past due to out pack being on top and us dominating, but comparing talent vs talent Roby is the better player hands down IMO

....and yet MM consistently outplays him!!