Good Friday First 15 Minutes Analysis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

Re: Good Friday First 15 Minutes Analysis

Post by superleague »

My main issue was our lack of attack and structure, we and saints where both poor in this respect but obviously the conditions and that bog we where playing on contributed to that. We still need to work on our attack as it's not good enough, especially our ball control on our lateral shifts and sort out the timing of the ball recievers and the dummy runners because far too many passes are going to ground or behind a man or someone not expecting a pass. At the moment our lack of cohesion is killing our attack. If we can keep up that intensity in defence and not the pathetic defence from the cas game we will be a very hard team to break down.

Oh and someone remind Mr Gelling just to engage his brain at times lol, he nearly give me a heart attack with that stupid pass to burgess near the end
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Anyone else think that Gelling's pass with 5 minutes to go was part of a planned move?
sc74

Post by sc74 »

jao711 wrote:Reminds me of Hitler.
Very similar :slee1:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

sc74 wrote:
jao711 wrote:Reminds me of Hitler.
Very similar :slee1:
He's off to Poland 1st September :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

i'm spartacus wrote:
cpwigan wrote:N.B I think about the game / I analyse what I watch; I did that when I played sport. Some gobshites can watch every game ever played and see nothing to the point they would be better off blind. Unable to comprehend / analyse they are incapable of debate or looking at things objectively so when somebody looks at the good and bad of their team they are lost and harrang the poster because debate is too difficult for those people.
Your problem is that you can't see how patronising you are!

You analyse the game, but your major problem is that on your analyses you believe thsre are no other answers, and no further conclusions to be drawn. This is because you believe nobody in the entire world has your almost supernatural capabilities to understand the game like you, and you have the absolute monopoly on being correct. Consequently, anyone who disagrees or comes to A different conclusion from you are;

Gobshites
Blind
Unable to comprehend/ analyse
Unable to debate
Unable to look at things objectively.

I and most people would see the irony in implying that you are capable of debating your opinion whilst saying that anyone who disagrees with you is a gobshite because the don't see what you see. You need to accept the notion that other people with alternative opinions may have valid points, and stop defending your sanctimonious statements by claiming anyone who disagrees with you doesn't understand.

It's an often quoted mantra that you will be familiar with but you seem to have totally forgotten. Nobody likes a know it all

Sadly the 'gentleman' after your post proved my point.

I have no problem, debating a point of view whether that person agrees / disagrees with my view. There are actually some interesting replies before yours that make for a decent debate and need a reply to.

My POV is not what matters. It is those who cannot 'tolerate' anything remotely 'negative about their club' I offer positives and negatives because I want to see great RL in Britain, great RL played by GB / England. I have spent my life watching / listening to people including esteemed experts blindly ignoring the truth and thus we remain 2nd best / 3rd best seaso after season after season.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Exactly CP, and I know you won't be put off by the haters on here.
These are the people who will be wondering why, in 5 years, Leeds and AN Other are lapping it all up.
Talking of the haters, we're missing one on here at the moment.

i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

And the likelihood is that is how it will remain, but that isn't really down the quality of the players, it is purely down to the quality of the competition. Great competition makes better players of good players, and turns good players into great players.

SL isn't ever going to the quality of the NRL for a whole host of reasons, mostly revolving around the amounts of money available. Raising the salary cap won't work, because there are clubs presently in SL that can't afford the salary cap as it is. If we don't have that level of contest, then we will struggle to compete. In the main, the only reason we can get a sniff now is because of the English players playing in the NRL.

I see why you posted as you did once I read another thread where you was subjected to some comments that were beyond the boundary of an exchange of opinion. Nobody should be exposed to that.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

i'm spartacus wrote:And the likelihood is that is how it will remain, but that isn't really down the quality of the players, it is purely down to the quality of the competition. Great competition makes better players of good players, and turns good players into great players.

SL isn't ever going to the quality of the NRL for a whole host of reasons, mostly revolving around the amounts of money available. Raising the salary cap won't work, because there are clubs presently in SL that can't afford the salary cap as it is. If we don't have that level of contest, then we will struggle to compete. In the main, the only reason we can get a sniff now is because of the English players playing in the NRL.

I see why you posted as you did once I read another thread where you was subjected to some comments that were beyond the boundary of an exchange of opinion. Nobody should be exposed to that.
It comes with the internet, probably in life.

1986, I was sat in the middle of the Australian Kangaroo Supporters Group (don't ask far too long a story) at Elland Road. Nice elderly Australian lady at the time said do not be disheartened, I can recall when GB were the best team in the world, it will happen again, that's how it goes. Well the lady was a lovely lady but thus far she has been wrong, 30 years later! Poor lady might be even dead now. For me there is no reason for it to be always so.

The expansion of the NRL actually presents an opportunity to make significant inroads. As their competition expands they struggle to meet the supply of players required to maintain a sufficiently high standard. A bigger salary cap / overseas players are just two ways they fight to maintain their high standard. SL? we we have reduced our competition by 2 which is a positive, perhaps even smaller? but same tiny cap, same poor investment and worse more and more British coaches. No British coach is a world elite coach. The Aussies actually sent players here to learn off the best but they then copied and improved on what they learned. British coaches? limited learning capability worse they think they know a superior way to play / they are better. Remember our new coach after he took over from a world elite coach, he knew better!

So personally, I refuse to throw the towel in and think British RL should be aiming high but to do that requires some pain before gain and hell of a lot of learning / develioping.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

No second 20minutes?

Btw I think it's a rather large generalisation to write off the learning capabilities of the entire British isles based on a third hand analysis of 6 or so individuals.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Mike wrote:No second 20minutes?

Btw I think it's a rather large generalisation to write off the learning capabilities of the entire British isles based on a third hand analysis of 6 or so individuals.
I wasn't generalising at all as I already said that it isn't the quality of the players, but the quality of the competition. We could compete, but we won't compete effectively until we seriously improve a domestic competition in which the majority of our national team play in. At the moment, our performance is boosted and defined by people like the Burgess's, Widdop, Graham, etc.

We do have some great players here; but there talent isn't brought to its full potential because they don't compete week after week against other talented players and quality teams.