Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OJ

Re: Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Post by OJ »

Must say I thought Sam would see out his contract and didn't expect this but at least he won't die wondering what it would have been like to play in the NRL and glad he has enjoyed his time over there, it will no doubt have made him an even better player than he was. Does make me wonder if the same will happen to Budgie - don't know anything about Joe's personal life but if he is single as I suspect he is he will either have a fantastic time and love every minute, (although don't see him being a sun worshipper somehow) or he will be doing something similar in a couple of years time.
All this toing and froing is certainly keeping the agents busy!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

cpwigan

Re: Sam

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
markill wrote:Are we maybe waiting for the bad news / good news scenario? I.e. 'so and so is leaving and we're sad to see him go but we're delighted to announce the signing of Sam Tomkins from 2016'
I think this announcement was dependent upon the RTS announcement (who IMO is potentially a far better FB) and then a marquee rule announcement.
I don't see why it is dependant on the marquee rule announcement. As far as I am aware there is still opposition to that from certain clubs so it's not a done deal.

With Bowen leaving and the fact Sam knows there is a much lower salary cap here so can't expect similar wages to NZW then why can't he just be on senior players wages at the club? He could be the one the highest salary but someone has to be.

If we are near the cap as we are, we are paying several players far too much money!
Just been several snippets about it, positively, recently Dave.

Sam was our highest paid player and is the 'love child' o IL/SW. He takes a huge chunk of the salary cap. Lockers gets a decent salary too.
The booze hound

Re: Sam

Post by The booze hound »

Lockers will be paid handsomely, but If I remember correctly, a player at the same club for 10 years+ has a percentage of his wages salary cap exempt.
yokozuna

Re: It's official, Sam Tomkins released from NZ Warriors contract

Post by yokozuna »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:How about this PM;

Sam T
Manfredi/Josh/Sarge/Ah Van
Rocky/Williams
If we could also add the human wrecking ball that is Luke Page to the forwards then that would be some team
Fixed your post medlocke :wink:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
thegimble

Re: The Vodafone Warriors

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
ddtftf wrote:If you remember I posted about 3 months ago that he was homesick & said " Watch this space" a lot of people on here laughed at the post and said he would go to RU. Sam is coming HOME
I know :wink:
If you are wrong i will break a habit of not threatening people on here.

I WILL KILL YOU. :D
OJ

Post by OJ »

I'm going to believe TBW, sounds like things have been in the melting pot for a couple of months just as they were when Sam left us.
They're having a great time on the Wire board deciding where they will play him and Sam Burgess - strange how Sam T was the devil incarnate when he was playing for us but now they're imagining what a great addition he'll be to their squad. They must have seen this interview of Phil Clarke's http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... hil-clarke
If the club are as good as normal about letting us know they've probably pencilled a note in their diary to make an announcement on 31st January 2016
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Sam saying he has options and the Phil Clarke interview is sadly a clutching at straws way of trying to raise the profile of our game over here. It will gain some interest in our sport because whether some like it or not, Sam is very high profile in terms of British RL!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i really hope you are right TBW

i really would like to see Tomkins back in a wigan Shirt, if he doesnt i feel its a massive failure of the club towards the fans,

however on the glass half full side leeds is getting passed around as a club of interest and they have just freed up 2 spaces and NZW are losing both tomkins and Rapira who both want to come to the NRL.

as said i really hope he comes back to Wigan, for the fans.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

OJ wrote:I'm going to believe TBW, sounds like things have been in the melting pot for a couple of months just as they were when Sam left us.
They're having a great time on the Wire board deciding where they will play him and Sam Burgess - strange how Sam T was the devil incarnate when he was playing for us but now they're imagining what a great addition he'll be to their squad. They must have seen this interview of Phil Clarke's http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... hil-clarke

Usually i would take most rumours on here is a pinch of salt but RLMole has also mentioned where he is going.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Got a couple of Wire fans texting me saying Tomkins is/has signed for them and they claim it's not a wind-up. I Hope they are wrong and I think they are wrong but it's making me uneasy.