Offside or what

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Offside or what

Post by Firestarter »

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how many times saints have been penalised for being blatantly offside on there own try line?i can't seem to remember a game on sky this season where they haven't abused this rule.maybe I'm biased but for me breaking this rule persistently should be deemed as as a professional foul. Maybe one strike and out would be ample.not only this but it ruins the game for spectators.maybe it's spoiling tactics by Cunningham but the rugby league need to step in and put a stop to it fast
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
doc

Re: Offside or what

Post by doc »

Ref should put them on a team warning and next one to offend ends up in the bin. They should do the same with the lying on the wrong side of the play the ball.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Agreed.also forward passes seem to be slowly creeping back again to keep the game flowing.wires first try against us was forward and so was Liam farrells try.last nite Luke walsh's pass to turner was about 5 yard forward which really takes the mick
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

two miles forward against K.R as well.has anyone noticed when stains on sky when opposition has p.t.b camera zooms in because they are so far offside its embarrasing
doc

Post by doc »

Went watching one of my colleagues play for Leyland Warriors vs Orrell St James this afternoon. It was good to see a ref marching a team back 10 metres for gobbing off. It's a shame SL refs don't do the same.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Saints first started this tactic when Millward coached them, particularly when they had built up a lead. In one respect it is professionalism but the referee needs to take action when it happens too much as they are essentially professional fouls.
markill

Post by markill »

The willingness to give away penalties in their own 20 is part of the reason that they have such a good goal line defence. They back themselves to make the tackles or where they know they are struggling they're happy to give away a penalty and go again, because they think the opposition is just as likely to make a mistake and cough up possession as they are too score. It doesn't work as well in better weather. It's a factor in went Stains were strongest at the start and end of last year and the stay off this than when the weather gets good and opponents make less mistakes.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod