Olsen Filipaina-Guardian Article

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Olsen Filipaina-Guardian Article

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Firestarter wrote:Sorry that's meninga and co.olsen played at norths with mark graham and dean bells cousin clay ton friend.i used to love the old 80s tests
I watched Dean Bell, Clayton Friend and Hitro Okesene at their first ever English Rugby League club, Carlisle RLFC (Border Raiders) to which Deans father Cameron was the coach. You could see the talent with both Deano and Friend and Hitro was a total workhorse. I also saw Hitro playing for Aukland Warrior's in 1996 at Penrith Panthers stadium, a game that both Andy Platt and Bettsy played in. Friend mainly stayed local in Cjmbria at Bri H's beloved club, Whitehaven, they say the jam tastes nicer in Whitehaven, don't they Bri :wink: :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea I forgot about hitro.he was one big class unit.i also remember Cameron.i met dean bells family once at an away match(I think it was Whitehaven or Workington away)really nice family and Deano was possibly the most professional and nicest rl player I've ever met.he was also one of the best players and leaders I've ever seen play the game.ive also been to penriths stadium which was fantastic but my missus preferred wollongongs stadium(I think coz it was on the beach lol)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Oh just another thing.i go to Cumbria quite a bit and think it's a crying shame they haven't got a team in SL.they are mad on there rugby over there and produce lots of very talented players.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Dean Bell is a great bloke, I did a job for him many years ago in his wifes shop in Hindley and he was really down to earth. Used to muck in clearing rubble and helping out, sat down at brewtime and loved Greenhalghs pasties. Two things stick in my mind, he had proper thick ankles and if he farted he would clear the room.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea I think I remember that slim.was it the one facing the bird ith pub?
Panchitta Marra

Firestarter wrote:Oh just another thing.i go to Cumbria quite a bit and think it's a crying shame they haven't got a team in SL.they are mad on there rugby over there and produce lots of very talented players.
Fans are too fickle about their own clubs in Whitehaven and Workington Firestater, but I guess most clubs fans would reject a merger.
Not sure there would be enough of a fan base to survive in SL even though the amateur game is well supported.
No big football or union teams in the area so competition from other sports isn't an issue.
I think it's sad that there isnt a team in the area, like you say they are nuts about Rugby League.
Where do you get to in Cumbria?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Last time me and my girlfriend went there,we ended up in silloth least year .top. Nite with top karaoke and the best chippy to grace the earth( oh yer its that good)why are our chippy a good but not that good???????????
Panchitta Marra

That'l be the chippy on the cross roads of the main st and the one heading towards the beach where the RNLIB station is, just off the main green?
Yes it is good, we go to Silloth once a fortnight. Not a bad market on the old airfield every Sunday from March to October.
Just an awkward place to get to.
Watched the Purple Helmets there last year, what a laugh and they are as suggestive as their name implies. :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea it's quiet but a good place to take the dog as he can fly up and down the beach without his lead coz it's so quiet.we were at the caravan park last time out watching Leeds v Wigan early last season when they beat us.