HKR Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: HKR Game

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Has Chester being keeping his cards close to his chest for the return in 2 weeks.
Were they all injured or just chosen not to play stating injury, thought Lunt was OK, but not selected late on.
Think the CC match will be a real tough one that KR will be pinpointing as a season aim to win the CC.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

eccywarrior wrote:Sack waney. Waneball is no good :wink:
A definite John Dorahy Mk 2!

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Firestarter wrote:For sure SL.Mom Williams by a country mile.he has run the show but still looks smarter at first receiver which he did a lot tonight.good performance regardless of their injuries
Thought Wiliams too by a good distance and was shocked to see Dan standing at the podium.
How good was George last night and that's only half of the best half back pairing Wigan's had for years with him and Rocky.
Waiting in anticipation for Sam the return at 1 with George and Rocky in the halves.

1. Sam T.
6. Ryan H.
7.George W.
9. Michael Mac.
13. John B.
Now what a set of key position players that is to base any team around and gees they're interchangeable too.
BRING IT ON.
No, Matty Smith has earned his spot and is an experienced player with a Lance Todd trophy to his name, Hampshire and Williams might of been the bees knees at academy level but they are unproven at SL level, why spoil things at the moment George and Matty are forming a great pertnership at the moment, why are fans so quick to change things all the time
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Like I said Williams was first receiver on most of the plays last night so smith was playing stand off at times.i think this is down to wane ,which in my eyes is a really good move.im with you medlocke.i would love to see rocky given more chances at stand off but,at the moment smith is playing very well.i think he just tried to do too much earlier in the season.but for me he always gives 100%.wane needs to keep smith and Williams together as you can clearly see this partnership blossoming each game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Kittwazzer wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:With that performance we would have beat leeds.
Possibly. It's the most expansive game I've seen us play all season. Maybe the warmer weather and drier pitch are what we have been waiting for?
HKR weren't at the races for the first 20 minutes at the end of which it was game over. Eddie actually stole Murphy's comment "If this was a boxing match, it would be stopped now!"
Leeds would have made a better fist. George would never have been waved through for his try but yes, we would have beaten them!
I take it you were not at the game last night KW? It was bloody freezing cold :wink: :)
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

No point criticising anyone after that performance but the intensity does drop when MM goes off and is replaced by Powell.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Firestarter wrote:For sure SL.Mom Williams by a country mile.he has run the show but still looks smarter at first receiver which he did a lot tonight.good performance regardless of their injuries
Thought Wiliams too by a good distance and was shocked to see Dan standing at the podium.
How good was George last night and that's only half of the best half back pairing Wigan's had for years with him and Rocky.
Waiting in anticipation for Sam the return at 1 with George and Rocky in the halves.

1. Sam T.
6. Ryan H.
7.George W.
9. Michael Mac.
13. John B.
Now what a set of key position players that is to base any team around and gees they're interchangeable too.
BRING IT ON.
No, Matty Smith has earned his spot and is an experienced player with a Lance Todd trophy to his name, Hampshire and Williams might of been the bees knees at academy level but they are unproven at SL level, why spoil things at the moment George and Matty are forming a great pertnership at the moment, why are fans so quick to change things all the time
If Matty Smith was a Wigan youth developed prospect he would be every one first choice 7. Rocky has not done enough to prove he is worthy of keeping his spot in the side next season.

Smith is not leaving and is a better player anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional at best. Williams is now becoming a good 6 and if Sam is FB Rocky will have to up his game to get anywhere near that side next season.

As usual people tend to remember Smith's mistakes but completley forgets Rocky's.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Fantastic game but froze my tits off.Hkr following was a shambles and not one for the feint hearted.I was sat in the east stand close enough to hear the language being spouted at the Hkr team.Reminded me of some of our supporters earlier in the season.My man of the match was young George but was impressed with Dan S and the rest of the team.Worth the journey.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Maybe as we do pre-season in Florida we can only play in the "warm" weather :wink:

For next year another permutation could be Matty Smith to hooker and George and Rocky in the halves. I am not saying this would be the choice every week but could allow them to keep George and Rocky happy.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Southern Softy wrote:No point criticising anyone after that performance but the intensity does drop when MM goes off and is replaced by Powell.
According to some MM is not good enough!! :lol:

We would be better off with Bob Beswick!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett