Gelling

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Gelling

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:If true and he does leave then it's a bit of a piss take, we gave him a life line to ressurect his career, which he has done to a certain extent, imo he owes the club at least 2 or 3 more seasons of service (or more) due to this, i'm a big fan and have believed in him since he came unlike plenty of others, I will be dissapointed if he goes, if it happens then the club need to stear clear of these types of players in the future and just stick to signing well established players from the NRL :conf:
I agree loyalty the club has shown him he should do the same.
Hang on a minute, all the above from a 4 paragraph article with no direct quotes from Gelling himself, calm down dear comes to mind!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:If true and he does leave then it's a bit of a piss take, we gave him a life line to ressurect his career, which he has done to a certain extent, imo he owes the club at least 2 or 3 more seasons of service (or more) due to this, i'm a big fan and have believed in him since he came unlike plenty of others, I will be dissapointed if he goes, if it happens then the club need to stear clear of these types of players in the future and just stick to signing well established players from the NRL :conf:
I agree loyalty the club has shown him he should do the same.
Hang on a minute, all the above from a 4 paragraph article with no direct quotes from Gelling himself, calm down dear comes to mind!!
Hang on a minute, did you not see the if true bit right at the begining in bold
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

It's not that long ago he signed a two year deal.
He'll see that through and I'd imagine his agent will take things from there.
Don't think he'll be going anywhere soon.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Wiganer Ted wrote:It's not that long ago he signed a two year deal.
He'll see that through and I'd imagine his agent will take things from there.
Don't think he'll be going anywhere soon.

......Sam signed a three year deal with the Warriors !!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Got to find him a nice lady friend from the Wigan area and one that doesn't want to head down under and keeps his mind on staying local.
Scott Taylor was hooked by a yorkshire lassie and by all accounts she's dragging him back to Humberside by the short and curlies. :eh:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Pity JJs isnt still open. Loads of nice wigan ladies used to go there :blush: .........NOT
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

He was on Wigan TV just before he got injured. It seemed he was keen to stay, talking about British citizenship and starting a uni coarse here. Seems quite happy with body language maybe he wants a new contract now 2/3 years with better terms way he's been playing I would think that was fair enough or at least I would not blame him for trying. Would not be surprised if the NRL thing maybe his manager pushing it along a little.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

His agent trying to get a better contract for him by putting it around that he is not happy and wants to return to the NRL by any chance?

If so, nothing new as it is a normal tactic of a agent in any sport.

In Gelling's case, hardly surprising now that he is established at Centre and playing well.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Could it just be someone in the NRL putting a feeler out.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Oops,there goes another one.