Wane not interested in NRL players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wane not interested in NRL players

Post by Firestarter »

It says on the league live app that Dane Nielsen has been sacked by the dragons.
Now he is one centre that has it all.pace,good hands and a good brain.
Maybe release Bowen and bring him in on loan for the rest of the season and see how it goes from there.he can also cover a few other positions.
This imo can only strengthen our team.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Watched him last couple years while he was with NZ Warriors he was rubbish..... well at NRL level would rather stick with Bowen.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Firestarter wrote:It says on the league live app that Dane Nielsen has been sacked by the dragons.
Now he is one centre that has it all.pace,good hands and a good brain.
Maybe release Bowen and bring him in on loan for the rest of the season and see how it goes from there.he can also cover a few other positions.
This imo can only strengthen our team.
Why was he sacked?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Something about biting a woman,but i think they were so called false accusations.

He was injured mist of his warriors career so he didnt really get chance to shine.
He was awesome at storm though.
Also represented queensland 3 times with 3 tries
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think that the context is everything here - no, we wouldn't have signed a Kurt Gidley type player. Though arguably Bowen has been pretty much his worst signing, and that was Gidleyesque.
I think Wane has shown over and over again that he can spot and develop talent, both within and outside the squad. For all his tactical limitations this is a really strong suit of his. I always thought Clubb had the makings of a wonderful prop (and as a converted prop himself you'd expect Wane to spot that potential), but what he has done with Sarg and Gelling has been phenomenal.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think it's a little naive to think that this is more than a throw away comment. If a NRL players agent came to Wigan's door and offered the services of the player, in a position we needed to strengthen does anyone think we would not sign said player? It's just been proven .... ermmmm where was Sam Playing?
You can only pay slight notice to what Wane says, the guy said he knew nothing of Sam coming back. Just a day or so later Sam was on a big screen telling the world he was coming back... does anyone think he didn't know?
If anything him saying we are not interested has me more thinking that we are :doz: :roll: :wink:
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jao711

Post by jao711 »

I see this has turned into an anti Wayne thread again.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Not from me.... It seems the only way he can win is by saying nothing. Everyone reads to much into what he says and does. I just think the likes of Moose Tomkins X2 would not come back if Wanes training and running of the team was so out dated.
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think its just a case of wane saying things in the heat of the moment.... Which is what the thread was about....surely he doesn't mean hes not watching for nrl players as he must always have one eye open for class bargains...he's defo wigan through and through... No doubting that
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Name one Australian player of currant Origin and International class who is willing to forsake a bigger contract in the NRL and risk not being considered for Origin and International selection, who will come to play in our game?

Perhaps that is what Wane can see!