Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackoh

Re: Hull KR

Post by jackoh »

I agree about Hampshire he can t catch a ball .
We made too many knock ons .

We looked clueless tonight , it was said when Smith was taking them goals instead of playing it .

I m sorry but Wane has too take some flak for not preparing the team better .

Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Off the top of my head Hull KR had at least 5 first choice starting players missing injured in Kelly, Goulding, Allgood, Burke, Lunt. There were other injuries too to players outside who would have come in instead of these. We were playing no where near a full strength team and were still very poor. Several players should be dropped for next week.
StattoSi

Post by StattoSi »

On the subject of 'several players should be dropped for next week' who can come in other than 19s lads, all who didnt play tonight bar Bowen were injured and Catalans away is worst play to make changes for.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Let's give Chris Chester and HKR some praise, they were the best team, with the better tactics and they deserve to be in the next round. We had a very bad night and got what we deserved. The coaching staff and players now need to show what they are made of. I think that Waney knew that the team had a problem getting motivated for this tie (even though I can't understand why), hence the motivational talk by Andy Reid.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:
adythewarrior wrote:Im in hospital (season ticket holder).The way we played tonight was awful.Sorry but in my opinion we lost when Sam Powell was introduced,for me he aint good enough.Its time we all took a look at these young players and make "big boy" decisions some of them just dont cut it in my opinion (but maybe the pills are tlkin)
Still waiting to be impressed by Hampshire, but to be fair i only get to see him on tv
He is not a full back has the attacking ability but defence is poor and high ball he is making errors in some games.
Don't blame the lad, blame the coach if that is your view. He has played 6 all his life and he is now expected to play fullback at SL level? Square pegs and round holes comes to mind. In rugby league it is highly unlikely that all 17 players will play to the peak of their abilities in any one game (if they do you get a blow out result) therefore, it is imperative that poor individual performances are offset by a good team performance. Tonight, too many players played poorly to ensure anything but a defeat.

HKR proved that a team who does the basics better than the opposition, respects possession, commands territory and has the desire to win can overcome a team who should, on paper, win by a country mile.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Let's be honest.....anyone who went tonight must of noticed how much they wanted it,compared to us.We started the game with NO dummy runners and played the blind side attack nearly all the game.Lockers wAs first receiver nearly every play ,which meant smith being second receiver and Williams playing at possibly centre,most of the game as a none involved third receiver.
How many times did sarge take the first hit up in our half.???
I'm sorry but the dummy is out.
Everybody's favourite enemy(cp)was bullied into picking up bargain Aussies,who are not over the hill. He picked campese who I have always rated.my god,he ruined us tonight.I think now,he has proved a point and deserves some credit.
I mean......... We have a very very overpaid NRL player who can't touch our first team and we don't replace him with....... A centre.....how bad( once again) was sarge's missed tackle??.
All in all it ranked up there with one of our worst ever....... Pleeeeease release Bowen and lockers....let's start a fresh......build from what we have got.......and bring in a leader(something that lockers has NEVER been).
One last note(for the fans)lets not sit there quiet when we are losing,then vacate the stadium 7 mins from the end,when we think we have lost.YOU ALL HAVE A VOICE..STAND UP AND CRITICISE UR TEAM..that's what fans are there for.its just like work.if we are s€€t,we get the sack.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The mistake was made the other week when we beat them 60-0. If ever a team needed motivation to get revenge, it was was last night.

I also think that playing AWAY at the LSV on a smaller pitch did not help as it stopped us playing a more expansive game like we would have done at the DW.

It also does not help when you have a Referee like Silverwood who ignores offside by walking forward to where the opposing players stand instead of making them come back to where he stands.

Having said that, Hull KR did not win the game, we lost it with poor play, especially after we got in front near the end.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

It also makes you wonder how much of our game plan revolved around Albert Kelly and attacking through him like we did a fortnight ago.
His withdrawal could well have won the game for HKR.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Apart from the performances from a few players that I see every week - Hampshire needs a break to regroup and the experiment just isn't working - Sarge needs a course in tackling technique - Powell needs to be replaced by Logan Tomkins so that we don't lose the impetus when MM is spelled - Tautai needs to be told to be better and be more disciplined and Patrick needs to be asked whether he thinks his form is acceptable for a Wigan player - the most worrying thing was the inability to deal with HKR's tactics.

They packed the wings so that Josh and Budgie couldn't attack from distance. That left them thin(nish) in the middle. The only ones to see and try to take advantage of that were Williams and Joel who made half-breaks with no one following them to take a pass. HKR's tactics were fairly obvious from near the start so I'm afraid the coach had a chance to do something at half-time and didn't.

Wasn't happy about the last 10 minutes (Joel excepting) as we regressed to early-season style of looking for aggro instead of a try.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Southern Softy wrote:Apart from the performances from a few players that I see every week - Hampshire needs a break to regroup and the experiment just isn't working - Sarge needs a course in tackling technique - Powell needs to be replaced by Logan Tomkins so that we don't lose the impetus when MM is spelled - Tautai needs to be told to be better and be more disciplined and Patrick needs to be asked whether he thinks his form is acceptable for a Wigan player - the most worrying thing was the inability to deal with HKR's tactics.

They packed the wings so that Josh and Budgie couldn't attack from distance. That left them thin(nish) in the middle. The only ones to see and try to take advantage of that were Williams and Joel who made half-breaks with no one following them to take a pass. HKR's tactics were fairly obvious from near the start so I'm afraid the coach had a chance to do something at half-time and didn't.

Wasn't happy about the last 10 minutes (Joel excepting) as we regressed to early-season style of looking for aggro instead of a try.
Agree with all of the above apart from Tautai who i think is starting to play well.

Sarginsons tackling technique is awful. Hampshire cant catch a high ball without knocking on. I prefer Logan to Powell. Did Patrick play last night/this season or is he still with Hudds?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?