Magic, what do we expect?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mario

Re: Magic, what do we expect?

Post by mario »

thegimble wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:why is it when we Win it cant be Wane but when we Lose it is all his fault.
That can basked another way as well.

Why is it never Wane's fault when we lose but when we win its him.

There is a hardcore on either side on this and its either the players or Wane when it should always be BOTH.
You could be the best coach in the world and if the players go out and keep dropping the ball all game, there's absolutely nothing he can do about it. It's a shared responsibility, but more so for the players. Doesn't matter who we have as coach, At some point, some of this message board would want him sacked.
They couldn't wait to get Millward in and look where that got us.
We are second in the table, so how can sacking the coach, even be considered? Fans should remember where constantly sacking coaches got us since super league began
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

mario wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:why is it when we Win it cant be Wane but when we Lose it is all his fault.
That can basked another way as well.

There is a hardcore on either side on this and its either the players or Wane when it should always be BOTH.
You could be the best coach in the world and if the players go out and keep dropping the ball all game, there's absolutely nothing he can do about it. It's a shared responsibility, but more so for the players. Doesn't matter who we have as coach, At some point, some of this message board would want him sacked.
We are second in the table, so how can sacking the coach, even be considered? Fans should remember where constantly sacking coaches got us since super league began
Now if we were Wakefield supporters, it would understandable!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
mario wrote:
thegimble wrote: That can basked another way as well.

Now if we were Wakefield supporters, it would understandable!
we would be suicidal by now.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Let's hope the next two games are upto last night's 3/4 of the game, especially the 2nd one.
MM playing full game made a big difference for me, hope it lasts.
Bent ******* remark will stick in my mind for a while.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Let's hope the next two games are upto last night's 3/4 of the game, especially the 2nd one.
MM playing full game made a big difference for me, hope it lasts.
Bent ******* remark will stick in my mind for a while.
Never understood why clubs have to have a set pattern of replacing a Hooker for changing sakes in a game.

If a Hooker of quality like Micky Mac can play well in a full game, especially against teams like Leeds, St Helens, Warrington etc, why change them?

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:I'm well aware that we have a long way to go - to be expected with a young team. I just find it sad, occasionally laughable, that some Wigan fans are so intent on knocking Wane that they seem unable to fully enjoy a fantastic victory.

I watched the match in my Wigan shirt, my wife in hers, + another 2 Wigan supporters in a pub packed with Rhinos fans less than 5 miles from Leeds city centre. How could I come away from that and only be bothered about our last 2 defeats?
And you are not bitter and twisted as suggested by Brian Ferry's No 1 fan!
The only bitter for me is the stuff I p*** against the wall, WW :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: That can basked another way as well.

Gimble I would say it goes the way caboose said more than the other but I hear your point and agree totally it is BOTH at all times!!
I agree with you just think we have a few die hards that never see beyond what they want to on both sides.

I agree. The problem is that it's hard to have a balanced discussion once one or both sides take up extreme positions. I tend to be classed as Wane-right-or-wrong, when, in fact I can see some weaknesses and am more in the give-Wane-a-chance camp.

It's easier to discuss in response to fair-minded posts like above than in, erm, other circumstances :roll:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Well having driven to Newcastle and back yesterday i am knackered!!

Watching it live (from the directors box ????) it seemed to me that leeds were far superior in the first half and we were dominant in the second.

However, having watched it back on TV i dont think ther was much in it in the first half apart from some sloppy mistakes by Wigan.

I have to say having been to all the Magic venues i think newcastle is the best. Good size stadium and just big enough for the 40,000 crowd to create a good atmosphere. Newcastle folk seemed friendly even if they were a bit feral.

Well done Waney and the boys on a great win. Lets hope we can keep it going!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Villa Park next season
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

morley pie eater wrote:I'm well aware that we have a long way to go - to be expected with a young team. I just find it sad, occasionally laughable, that some Wigan fans are so intent on knocking Wane that they seem unable to fully enjoy a fantastic victory.

I watched the match in my Wigan shirt, my wife in hers, + another 2 Wigan supporters in a pub packed with Rhinos fans less than 5 miles from Leeds city centre. How could I come away from that and only be bothered about our last 2 defeats?
If Magic is in Newcastle then make the effort to go, it's fantastic and I am not saying that because we won!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards