Re: Tonights Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:You're right tbw it's not Wane's fault it's the players! Why did MM walk off the pitch for 20 minutes in the first half? He should be sacked tomoz for that!!
You are right, and SW dropped 3 balls, missed a tackle, passed to no one under the sticks, twisted the legs in the tackle under the sticks......P45 for that busy man!!
It's start at the top with any team sport!!
CP nailed it nicely with his little comment.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:You're right tbw it's not Wane's fault it's the players! Why did MM walk off the pitch for 20 minutes in the first half? He should be sacked tomoz for that!!
You are right, and SW dropped 3 balls, missed a tackle, passed to no one under the sticks, twisted the legs in the tackle under the sticks......P45 for that busy man!!
It's start at the top with any team sport!!
CP nailed it nicely with his little comment.
I have ALWAYS said if results aren't good enough the coach should go!! So what point are you actually trying to make here?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Micky mac not as good as Roby???

When MM was at start Roby was nowhere to be seen.
Powell came on and suddenly saints are at our doorstep and Roby is a major threat.

Thats not Powells fault hes not the same player as MM but if i would pull Wane on one thing tonight it was taking MM off we know if you let Roby play hes dangerous so why remove the one player that keeps him quiet.
I agree with this that MM should have played a full 80, would we have won well that's another question.
We'll never know, but the COACH took the option away by using an average player in his place!
TrueBlueWarrior

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Micky mac not as good as Roby???

When MM was at start Roby was nowhere to be seen.
Powell came on and suddenly saints are at our doorstep and Roby is a major threat.

Thats not Powells fault hes not the same player as MM but if i would pull Wane on one thing tonight it was taking MM off we know if you let Roby play hes dangerous so why remove the one player that keeps him quiet.
I agree with this that MM should have played a full 80, would we have won well that's another question.
We'll never know, but the COACH took the option away by using an average player in his place!
I am MM's third biggest fan and in the first 20-25 did a good job on Roby as he always does. I think the problem was the week before against Hudds when Powell came on and actually did ok meant SW put faith in him again this week which backfired. Having said that WW when MM came back on his individual performance was as poor as many of the others!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

My point is it's down to the coach, and in a roundabout way you've made the case!
Although I don't expect you to see or even realise it. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wigan/pier wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Simple Burges to fullback and Manfriedy on the wing, Burges is superb under a high ball and has an eye for an opening from the fullback position.JOB FIXED, CAN I BE THE COACH.
IF sw HAD KEPT DRIVING THE FORWARDS THROUGH THE MIDDLE THE SPACES WOULD HAVE DEVELOPED OUT WIDE.
Ouote from Wane "There are other areas I'm just as upset about," said Wigan coach Shaun Wane. "It was a poor team performance and it's a tough one to deal with.

"We just didn't play in the right areas of the field.

"It was an awful performance, we just never got into an arm wrestle and came up with silly errors and penalties. I'm really disappointed that we didn't challenge them in any area today.

Not in the right areas of the field ..arm wrestle? are the players listing to Wane? answers please.
It's just a terminology all coaches use, it doesn't literally mean 'arm wrestle'!

It just means getting involved in the game IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Wandering Warrior wrote:My point is it's down to the coach, and in a roundabout way you've made the case!
Although I don't expect you to see or even realise it. :D
We have won plenty of games against Stains without MM playing the full 80 and also I still believe that even if he had played the full 80 we still would have lost due to 2 reasons. First being the rest of the team played awful with some howling errors and secondly MM had one of his poorer games.
lcharnock2

Post by lcharnock2 »

It's pretty simple for me. When you gift the opposition 18 points from dropping the ball on your own line and they pounce on it, it's not your day. In addition, missing 36 tackles and completing at 40% in the second half, we would have struggled to beat any SL side. I was very encouraged by the first half hour, we played well and moved saints around the pitch well.

I don't think we'll get a performance like that again in a big game, everything went saints way. Also to mention Silverwood; he was terrible for Wigan last night. He missed a blatant charge off the ball by LMS on Sarginson contesting a high kick and then saints go up the other end and put a grubber in and they score but they're offside! Big momentum changer. Wane can't plan for his players giving possibly the best team in the comp 18 points leg up! The only criticism I'd have of him was playing Powell last night, he did play well v Hudds but as saw at magic v Leeds, spelling Lockers for 10 mins while MM has a rest is the way to go.
TrueBlueWarrior

I have not said it before because I was so annoyed with the players but Silverwood was awful, that doesn't take away the fact we were equally as awful if not worse! As I have always said if you play well enough it becomes almost impossible for a ref to prevent you from winning!