Matty Smith Kicking Stats

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Matty Smith Kicking Stats

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote:
Tuigamala wrote:No I strongly disagree with moving George from 6. Am I watching another player or has there been a better number 6 in our competition over the last 2 months? If we are going to make a change with Smith a player I almost forgot about is Powell he should get a shout at 7. He played 7 in the academy and that is his preferred position. I personally think trying to mould him into a hooker is a waste. Matty Smith calls a lot of our plays "I get that" but what else does he do?
People mention his game management but apart from the odd drop goal what else does he manage?
although I agree that George has played really well,and is improving every game.I must say that he is mostly first receiver with smith second receiver.This is when we do most damage in my eyes.They do swap and change but George is so good at beating the first defender at first receiver,then getting the ball wide.Sarge might be a good option at fullback if all the centres get back( and on form) but I can't see this happening.As for hooker,that's easy,if wane doesn't want mm to play 80 lets just get a dynamic hooker as a replacement for our pretend hookers.
For me it's really important that we get a settled half back and hooker combination,before the start of next season.Surely it's high on the priority list with everyone getting a tryout
George Williams preferred position is Scrum Half, he told me he prefers to play in the halves than playing hooker.

Ryan Hampshire's preferred position is Stand Off.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The sooner we offload Hampshire the better, it's getting monotonous hearing all the propaganda and adoration for him day in day out when in reality he hasn't proven anything.
BriH

Post by BriH »

PF Warrior wrote:Apologises if this has be asked before, but I am new to the Wigan Warriors Fans Forum, well posting I have been reading it for years, does anyone have the percentages of Matty's conversions, misses to those scored?
Welcome and have fun like me :) :)
BriH

Post by BriH »

Re; Matty Smith's kicking.

He may have reached his threshold i.e. 70%, and wont improve on that with all the practising in the world.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

BriH wrote:Re; Matty Smith's kicking.

He may have reached his threshold i.e. 70%, and wont improve on that with all the practising in the world.
wasnt he at 75% until we lost most of our attack on the right wing?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

Tuigamala wrote:No I strongly disagree with moving George from 6. Am I watching another player or has there been a better number 6 in our competition over the last 2 months? If we are going to make a change with Smith a player I almost forgot about is Powell he should get a shout at 7. He played 7 in the academy and that is his preferred position. I personally think trying to mould him into a hooker is a waste. Matty Smith calls a lot of our plays "I get that" but what else does he do?
People mention his game management but apart from the odd drop goal what else does he manage?
Glad we all agree then!
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Tuigamala wrote:
Glad we all agree then!
:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

BriH wrote:
PF Warrior wrote:Apologises if this has be asked before, but I am new to the Wigan Warriors Fans Forum, well posting I have been reading it for years, does anyone have the percentages of Matty's conversions, misses to those scored?
Welcome and have fun like me :) :)
Thank BriH :D
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

medlocke wrote:The sooner we offload Hampshire the better, it's getting monotonous hearing all the propaganda and adoration for him day in day out when in reality he hasn't proven anything.
He should be given a try at Stand Off, his preferred position, before we start talk of unloading him. He is not, nor will he ever be a Fullback. Well that is my opinion for what it is worth.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

josie andrews wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
although I agree that George has played really well,and is improving every game.I must say that he is mostly first receiver with smith second receiver.This is when we do most damage in my eyes.They do swap and change but George is so good at beating the first defender at first receiver,then getting the ball wide.Sarge might be a good option at fullback if all the centres get back( and on form) but I can't see this happening.As for hooker,that's easy,if wane doesn't want mm to play 80 lets just get a dynamic hooker as a replacement for our pretend hookers.
For me it's really important that we get a settled half back and hooker combination,before the start of next season.Surely it's high on the priority list with everyone getting a tryout
George Williams preferred position is Scrum Half, he told me he prefers to play in the halves than playing hooker.

Ryan Hampshire's preferred position is Stand Off.

George will be here at the weekend for the charity match so I will ask him personally what is his preference.