Aspinwall is Staying!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AJ

Aspinwall is Staying!

Post by AJ »

Martin Aspinwall has signed a 2yr deal with Wigan.

Leeds and St Helens made an offer for him, he turned them down and stayed at Wigan on less money.

fantastic news

glad saints didnt get him

he is easily our best centre and will definetly become a GB centre in the future
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
warriorjon

Re: Aspinwall is Staying!

Post by warriorjon »

I think this is the best news of the day including the Orr story and i am very happy to have Orr for next year, think it was the best signing at 6 wigan could make, but i really think that Aspinwall is a great player and arguably our best prospect from the younger crop of players, he is a future great of the game and i see him very much in the Vagana mould. It also goes to show some players value loyalty above money but i would bet that he will be looking for a hefty contract when his new contract ends. Great signing and a crucial one if we are to show our true intent for future seasons success.
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Aspinwall is Staying!

Post by wolftown warrior »

good.. i have liked what i have seen from the youngster this year!
deserves a shot......
Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Aspinwall is Stayi...

Post by Deltic3 »

I am very relieved that he is staying. To allow someone of his talent and potential to leave would have been outrageous. We are looking for a new centre because we are short in that area so to let another go wouls have been stupid.
BIG AL

Re: Aspinwall is Staying!

Post by BIG AL »

I've been raveing about Aspinwall all season and the only thing wrong with his new contract is that it is not long enough. Without a doubt a futour GB player