Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:cant help but feel this dilutes our talent in the backroom further
Match report in today's Mirror said that Wane is not in a hurry to appoint a new assistant coach as Deacon's replacement.
Made me wonder if he's hanging fire for when Harris becomes available again?
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

This isn't good news at all. Deacon is the brains on the coaching staff and isn't someone we should be losing.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
sc74 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A convenient scapegoat?
Bitcon to leave next?
Not a convenient scapegoat, just another like a few before him who has put 30 pieces of silver before love of our game.

If that is how much he cares about our game, he will not be missed as far as I am concerned.

Another one who has lost my respect, irrespective of how good he was in the past!

I presume that Faz and Jason Robinson lost your respect also. When are you going to realise that all these guys are in it for the money and not for the love of the game or glory!
I wonder if he watched in disgust when Union players moved into League, for money and not the love of their game?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Good luck to him. He's been an asset we got initially on the cheap and IL got a substantial fee for him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
sc74 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A convenient scapegoat?
Bitcon to leave next?
Not a convenient scapegoat, just another like a few before him who has put 30 pieces of silver before love of our game.

If that is how much he cares about our game, he will not be missed as far as I am concerned.

Another one who has lost my respect, irrespective of how good he was in the past!

I presume that Faz and Jason Robinson lost your respect also. When are you going to realise that all these guys are in it for the money and not for the love of the game or glory!
Exactly, they are in it for the money, but the sad thing is that most of them who have defected to Union have had a connection with Wigan.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:cant help but feel this dilutes our talent in the backroom further
Match report in today's Mirror said that Wane is not in a hurry to appoint a new assistant coach as Deacon's replacement.
Its also been said that Radlinski is looking for one!

sc74

Post by sc74 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Its also been said that Radlinski is looking for one!

Lol, Rads wants one, SW doesn't :lol:
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

Shame he's gone but people have a right to close what's best for them and their family at the end of the day.

The only good thing is that he nicked the job if Harris who deserves it for nicking his job of Noble in the first place. A classless man is Harris.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

sc74 wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: We're reading out of the same book here, he takes the kings ransom and that's it with me too.
With all due respect, do we know what the situation is?
I know for sure I wouldn't like to be SW's coach/assistant/driver/chef etc.

Maybe he sees it that if he leaves on his own terms, then his future is more secure.
I understand what your saying SC.
I am anti union in a big way, and go against any move like this.
It's just the way I am and nothing personal against anyone on here.