Re: Wane / Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

http://m.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-wa ... -1-7358536

sometimes Wane astounds me, i know the media creatively edits the info. But there was nothing that Josh did vs leeds that would warrant even a hint of being dropped. If Burgess has a shocker would he suffer the same threat/fate

I feel for some players at the wigan club. From the stuff that comes out it looks like you either in with Wane or out.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Caboosegg wrote: http://m.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-wa ... -1-7358536

sometimes Wane astounds me, i know the media creatively edits the info. But there was nothing that Josh did vs leeds that would warrant even a hint of being dropped. If Burgess has a shocker would he suffer the same threat/fate

I feel for some players at the wigan club. From the stuff that comes out it looks like you either in with Wane or out.

At times this sort of thing from Wane comes across to me at least,as have taken a motivational speaking course but he's forgoten how to do it,Josh hasnt been awywhere near the form we and he knows he's capable of this season but had for me at least his best game of the season against leeds and deserves his place this week.

Still have my doubts though he'll be still next season though.

x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

robspark wrote:Well charnley asked aquestion on his twitter account, guess what im having at Nandos?

This is what a random follower posted....

Mike Glover
22h22 hours ago
Mike Glover ‏@MikeGlover87
@Joshuacharnley @NandosUK A "Dom Manfredi is a better winger than you" special

Almost as funny as Medlocke's humour :lol:
He blocked me last year for asking him why he feels fit to RT and promote shops and clothing company's and wont RT a simple request from a local junior rugby club .... his ego was rather large back then, think it may have deflated since hes not getting regular first team football. His ego could be a reason why SW smashes him in the media ?
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Just incase you've missed this bit ;-0

On Charnley, Wane said: "He went ok last week, he's training really well at the minute and will play again this week. I couldn't ask for any more from him with regards to his effort.

Read more at http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... q9P.99[url][/url]
FAIRWARRIOR

Post by FAIRWARRIOR »

Wane comes across completely unprofessional.
How Charnley must feel at times after Wane has been allowed to let his mouth run away with him.
The man really does embarrass himself and the club at times with his tactless approach. I cringe whenever he gives an interview.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

could it just be that being dropped and rollocked has had the desired positive impact on Josh and Wane is being careful not to praise him too much as he has by all accounts been extra motivated recently.

I don't Josh personally as most of us don't and I'm not saying he is big headed as I'm not in a position to comment, but everything seems to have come to Josh very easily in his career, he's played for Wigan and England and scored lots of tries. Maybe that has caused him to take things for granted and a kick up the rear was needed. I don't know it just seems a plausible scenario.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

I think you're right 'sheepsteeth'. He seems to have gone from a local homegrown lad pushing to get a place in the entity that is 'Wigan Warriors' to very quickly being a brand promoter getting lots of freebies and hanging with B list celebrities.

Think this whole shebang is to bring him down to earth a bit and remind him that in rugby league you are only as good as the last game you played and you can't be complacent.

As usual the media will play with anything that people say to make people want to read into things what they want as long as they buy into the product.

If you were Josh and your boss was speaking to you as we are led to believe Waney is talking to him - and you were being offered jobs elsewhere - would you wait for a contract to turn down or put your feelers out for better pastures?
markill

Post by markill »

KaylaRobbo wrote:
If you were Josh and your boss was speaking to you as we are led to believe Waney is talking to him - and you were being offered jobs elsewhere - would you wait for a contract to turn down or put your feelers out for better pastures?
I would imagine the possibility of Josh's boss losing his job is greater than the possibility of most of our bosses losing their jobs. I'm sport I don't think decisions should necessarily be made on who the coach is given how frequently and quickly that can change
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Like I suspect many other supporters, I too wish Wane would keep his mouth shut at times as every thing is says is jumped on and taken out of context by the usual moaning minority on anything which does not meet their thinking!
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Like I suspect many other supporters, I too wish Wane would keep his mouth shut at times as every thing is says is jumped on and taken out of context by the usual moaning minority on anything which does not meet their thinking!
+1