Wigan v Widnes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: Wigan v Widnes

Post by Suzieb »

Cant believe how tired the lads looked tonight they didnt seem to have any go in them for the 1st half glad to see Rocky back MOM for me need to off load some of these players though some of them not worth a wigan shirt
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

A win,but the team looked for most of the match like everything was too much trouble. The kicks on the last tackle, the chase was none existent, giving the receiver time to collect the ball and make good yards before our lads where anywhere near them.

Rocky, John Bateman, Tony Clubb and Budgie had a good game. Gells had a brain fart and then redeemed himself. The rest looked like it was hard work for them. Don't think I have seen Micky Mac have a poor game before.

If Widnes had won I wouldn't have been surprised off what I saw.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

A win and nowt else,I keep asking myself why are highly trained athletes look so tired after 15 mins the mind boggles.

Did I live to tell the tale of Micky Mac having a poor game I think I did,you don't witness that too often,Bateman,Hampshire played well Gells as odd as ever the rest well not brilliant shall we say.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

A laboured uninspiring win tonight. Still onwards and upwards and polish the tinted specs in the morning!!
OT here we come!!!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Probably as many ex Wiganers in the Widnes set up than any other SL team?
Makes it more like a derby match with added intensity especially for those moved on and trying to prove a point.
Was Hampshire worth his shirt tonight?
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Probably as many ex Wiganers in the Widnes set up than any other SL team?
Makes it more like a derby match with added intensity especially for those moved on and trying to prove a point.
Yes the lad had a decent game and was one of the very few that did.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

gillysmyhero wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Probably as many ex Wiganers in the Widnes set up than any other SL team?
Yes the lad had a decent game and was one of the very few that did.
Thought tonight would be tough, listened to Wish FM on back shift and was dissapointed to hear how tired and unenthusiastic we appeared to be.
I watched the tries after recording the Hull Derby and was pleased to see young Hampshire backing up to set up a good try and score one himself.
These are only short glimpses of the game hence my question and thanks for your reply.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Intensity was too spasmodic. After the Clubb 'incident' the entire team stepped up a gear for 5 minutes. There were other brief occasions. A frustrating game at times but we did enough to win.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

There is something fundamentally wrong, we simply did not look interested. Our forwards are woefull, they don't attack or defend collectively - they are called a pack for a reason ours are individuals. We must make less yards than any other team in the forwards, we don't support the ball carrier our guys are expected to take the ball up one out and get mullered! It summed it up for me when one of our half backs had to drive the ball out from our 20! Thurston and Cronk would struggle behind our six. Either they are not good enough or our tactics are crap, I think the latter is the major factor.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Just seen the highlights and we were lucky with some of our tries. First one seemed obviously offside and some dodgy looking passes in the other one.

There is a lot of passing without interesting defenders IMO as well.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/l ... 545/report
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆