Mossop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Mossop

Post by Mike »

All I am saying is that the alternative was to try to prevent the players from leaving, burning bridges and definitly *not* getting them back if and when it doesn't work out.

I'm not sure what your point is saying they only came back because it didn't work out. Of course they did. They came back because they wanted to for various reasons. No-ones coming back until they want to. ILs strategy at least made it possible for us to get them back here if we watned them back here. Thats all. And that strategy *has* been vindicated IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:All I am saying is that the alternative was to try to prevent the players from leaving, burning bridges and definitly *not* getting them back if and when it doesn't work out.

I'm not sure what your point is saying they only came back because it didn't work out. Of course they did. They came back because they wanted to for various reasons. No-ones coming back until they want to. ILs strategy at least made it possible for us to get them back here if we watned them back here. Thats all. And that strategy *has* been vindicated IMO.
Good opinion, Mike!
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Mike wrote:All I am saying is that the alternative was to try to prevent the players from leaving, burning bridges and definitly *not* getting them back if and when it doesn't work out.

You're bang on there Mike. Flash Flannegan is justification for I.L. releasing lads and offering a return or not. Last week, Flash had arguably his best game yet for that lot and they've waited two seasons for him to produce one good display. He probably didn't get as much game time in as Moose did in Oz but neither of them have come back and played to their pre Aussie form. Just hoping Sam breaks the trend.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Its hard to judge or props as Wane doesn't use them correctly, but one observation of mine with regard to Moose is that's he's still not 100% confident in his own body yet. He doesn't trust his shoulders.

And he needs to stop getting dominated in the tackle, he keeps getting turned and spun round, now that certainly isn't wanes fault.

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote:We only signed him so IL could prove a point about letting players leave and coming back. Or try to.

We'd have been far better off applying some man management skills to Taylor who looked anything like unhappy winning the CC v Hull where he is supposed to want to be.
+1
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I too think we need to look at our "returning" players.

Joel Tomkins - Is nowhere near the quality required for an England RU centre. Never going to get a look in. Came back.

Sam Tomkins - Doing "ok", in the NRL. Nowhere near the standout player he was in SL. Homesick. Coming back.

Mossop- Didn't cut it in NRL. Came back.

At the moment clause or no clause I would argue that JT and LM have come back worse players, and frankly don't deserve to be in the team until they sort it out.

I suspect ST will come back and NOT have the same effect on defences as he used to. I still think he will be a useful player though.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Wintergreen wrote:
Sam Tomkins - Doing "ok", in the NRL. Nowhere near the standout player he was in SL. Homesick. Coming back.
TBF, doing "ok" in the NRL, will likely make you a superstar in the ESL. Their NYC is probably stronger.
markill

Post by markill »

Wintergreen wrote:I too think we need to look at our "returning" players.

Joel Tomkins - Is nowhere near the quality required for an England RU centre. Never going to get a look in. Came back.

Mossop- Didn't cut it in NRL. Came back.

At the moment clause or no clause I would argue that JT and LM have come back worse players, and frankly don't deserve to be in the team until they sort it out.

I suspect ST will come back and NOT have the same effect on defences as he used to. I still think he will be a useful player though.
Don't know how much relevance is placed on it but both Mossop and Joel had children around the same time they came back. Might have been as much a part of wanting to be somewhere that feels more like home that not cutting it. Moose really never had a chance, we sent him over busted, they let him get better and he got another injury that saw him out for the rest of the season.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
curryman

Post by curryman »

sc74 wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
TBF, doing "ok" in the NRL, will likely make you a superstar in the ESL. Their NYC is probably stronger.
Comments at Sam's last two NZ Warriors games have been that it is tragic he is returning, he has been outstanding for NZW and has not been given the credit he deserved
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

curryman wrote:
sc74 wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
Comments at Sam's last two NZ Warriors games have been that it is tragic he is returning, he has been outstanding for NZW and has not been given the credit he deserved
Correct I've just watched Roosters v NZW and the commentators are praising Sam and gave him a 9 out of 10 and said he hasn't been given the credit that he deservers.