Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bomhead

Re: Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Post by bomhead »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:I have read this post and I agree with all - I do believe we are not using larne to his strengths but that is just my opinion (I don't think the giants do either). I know we can't keep every home grown wigan lad at the club but surely we should take the best - look at dwyer for the wire lads who I know from ince played with him for years and said he wanted to play for wigan but nothing came of it now he is a star at warrington - I also have heard recently that youngsters from wigan are going to other superleague clubs because the set up at wigan youth is lacking - waney has a foul mouth and is very aggressive and Jordan James doesn't have a clue. this is just what I have heard - can anyone shed any light on why our club is falling down in recruitment
Since when has our club fallen down where the recruitment of junior players is concerned.

Yes, the odd one or two slip the net and the same thing can happen at other clubs as shown by us signing Mcllorum from the Leeds area and I bet Saints are not exactly happy over the years with us signing players from their junior clubs like Blackbrook and Thatto Heath etc.

And some players can also be a flash in the pan!
Its my opinion that wigan has gone off the boil on youth recruitment and recruitment in general we sign so good players but more bad than good teams like leeds and stains dare I say it have made some great signings all we have done of late is sign players back. we signed MM because I don't think leeds had room for him at the time or that they didn't see his potential and we did that's great - but the same is happening to us now we are having talent taken away as we don't give them a chance or have room due to us buying are old talent back or cheap players that don't amount half the time
sc74

Post by sc74 »

bomhead wrote: we signed MM because I don't think leeds had room for him at the time
Didn't we get lucky because Queens were booted out of the Yorkshire league and he was spotted in a game where he knocked Darrell Goulding out?
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

sc74 wrote:
bomhead wrote: we signed MM because I don't think leeds had room for him at the time
Didn't we get lucky because Queens were booted out of the Yorkshire league and he was spotted in a game where he knocked Darrell Goulding out?
I don't know all I know is wigans recruitment in the last two seasons has been more than off really compared to other clubs in my opinion
sc74

Post by sc74 »

bomhead wrote: I don't know all I know is wigans recruitment in the last two seasons has been more than off really compared to other clubs in my opinion
I agree, but it is only one area that has been mismanaged, sadly.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

No wonder many WIGAN supporters no longer contribute.

To suggest that recruitment of young players at Wigan has dropped in standard over the last two seasons or so is nonsense as proved by results etc and Mcllorum signed for Wigan, not because Leeds had no room for him, but because, as said by himself in a article, he wanted to get away from any possible trouble he may have got himself into, having come from one of the worse estates in Leeds.

Why some take delight in spending their time coming out with anything so silly or wrong is beyond the thinking of any true supporter.

Yes, we can all find fault with certain things at the club, but when it gets into the world of nonsense and wrong assumptions about why any player signed for Wigan, it time for a halt.

p.s. As for Wane being foul mouthed, named me a Coach who is not if something is wrong!
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

Whelley Warrior wrote:No wonder many WIGAN supporters no longer contribute.

To suggest that recruitment of young players at Wigan has dropped in standard over the last two seasons or so is nonsense as proved by results etc and Mcllorum signed for Wigan, not because Leeds had no room for him, but because, as said by himself in a article, he wanted to get away from any possible trouble he may have got himself into, having come from one of the worse estates in Leeds.

Why some take delight in spending their time coming out with anything so silly or wrong is beyond the thinking of any true supporter.

Yes, we can all find fault with certain things at the club, but when it gets into the world of nonsense and wrong assumptions about why any player signed for Wigan, it time for a halt.

p.s. As for Wane being foul mouthed, named me a Coach who is not if something is wrong!
I am a true supporter and an honest one at that if you think are recruitment is great because we signed MM an age ago you are lying to yourself - if you want to strengthen your pointless argument you should single out John who we took form Bradford which at the time he was there most promising talent or Scott Taylor.

I could name lots of coaches world over that don't need foul language to get their point across and not the odd curse from what a parent told me of an upcoming star in the game he took his son from wigans camp because of waney. he much preferred the giants and there set up I don't think Paul Anderson goes around kicking the ground and bullying players he doesn't like!

what should a 'true supporter' like you think then?

every other SL club around us is recruiting well and keeping hold of there home grown talent and taking ours this is the facts
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

bomhead wrote:

I am a true supporter and an honest one at that if you think are recruitment is great because we signed MM an age ago you are lying to yourself - if you want to strengthen your pointless argument you should single out John who we took form Bradford which at the time he was there most promising talent or Scott Taylor.

I could name lots of coaches world over that don't need foul language to get their point across and not the odd curse from what a parent told me of an upcoming star in the game he took his son from wigans camp because of waney. he much preferred the giants and there set up I don't think Paul Anderson goes around kicking the ground and bullying players he doesn't like!

every other SL club around us is recruiting well and keeping hold of there home grown talent and taking ours this is the facts
you should come on the rumour mill topic 'no more signings' WW and defend IL and Waneys spending to all the none true fans on there
sc74

Post by sc74 »

:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
pedro

Post by pedro »

bomhead wrote:

we had bateman in the scholarship scheme but travelling become to much so he signed for his local club
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

bomhead wrote:
bomhead wrote:

you should come on the rumour mill topic 'no more signings' WW and defend IL and Waneys spending to all the none true fans on there
Waney has zero control on spending