London game confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: London game confirmed

Post by FROM A TO B »

I don't understand all this negativity.
As Mr Lenagan rightly points out this is a chance to grow our fan base.
I expect with the thousands of extra supporters this will generate, that we'll have to start selling jellied eels at the DW next year.
:roll: :wink: :doz: :eusa17:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

FROM A TO B wrote:I don't understand all this negativity.
I expect with the thousands of extra supporters this will generate, that we'll have to start selling jellied eels at the DW next year.
Don't forget it's not just about the fan base but also about tapping into a new pool of talent. The next Gelling will come from Millwall. Now that is a frightening thought.

Expect jellied eel stalls replacing the burger vans to keep the players from Millwall happy.
dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

FROM A TO B wrote: I expect with the thousands of extra supporters this will generate, that we'll have to start selling jellied eels at the DW next year.
I reckon they will take over Rigaletto's and turn it into a pie'n'mash shop
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

DaveO wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote:I don't understand all this negativity.
Don't forget it's not just about the fan base but also about tapping into a new pool of talent. The next Gelling will come from Millwall. Now that is a frightening thought.

Expect jellied eel stalls replacing the burger vans to keep the players from Millwall happy.
So long as IL doesnt sack mighty max and replace him with a pearly king or queen mascot at the DW i suppose we should be grateful.

Going only from their facebook page they seem to have zero interest,i too only hope the chaps are going away that day and decide to leave the traveling fans alone,it could be interesting if not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It is a big / bold choice. Just hope it pays off
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:It is a big / bold choice. Just hope it pays off
Is it really big and bold?

If it really was the RFL would have had us v Saints at Wembley and they would have been promoting it. Not IL and Wigan.

Or even better MM MkII with several playoff games there.

gruffy

Post by gruffy »

cpwigan wrote:It is a big / bold choice. Just hope it pays off
If its so bold take the magic down there,get the whole and for this fabled goose to lay its golden egg it will take all of the super league to become involved,otherwise its coming off as a vanity project that the chairman wants.
markill

Post by markill »

Didn't realise the den was as big as it is. 20k capacity. Probably not thinking big or bold enough on our part, a bigger stadium flooded with cheapo tickets might have been better, but if the club can get 13-16k in that would be a decent success. Big if.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

markill wrote:Didn't realise the den was as big as it is. 20k capacity. Probably not thinking big or bold enough on our part, a bigger stadium flooded with cheapo tickets might have been better, but if the club can get 13-16k in that would be a decent success. Big if.
Would have been better for that in footballs off season i would have thought.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

markill wrote:Didn't realise the den was as big as it is. 20k capacity. Probably not thinking big or bold enough on our part, a bigger stadium flooded with cheapo tickets might have been better, but if the club can get 13-16k in that would be a decent success. Big if.

I'd be astonished it it gets a crowd half that size.

It is one game out of 7 so an easy game to pass up on. Can't see any non season ticket holders stumping up for it travel-wise unless they are well off and/or fancy a weekend in London.

Given where it is then it's over 10 hours of a round trip.