Sargenson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Sargenson

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Now we need two centres! The decision to send Thornley to Salford before knowing the extent of Sarges injury may be a bad one!
do you think he will be recalled for the remainder of the season ?
I don't know if the agreement with Salford allows us to do so, nevertheless even if it did I don't think that there is any chance that IL, Rads and Waney would contemplate recalling him.

I am more concerned with our forward planning, we have Gells and Sarge for next season as our regular seasoned centres. Sarge will miss a chunk of the early part of the season and may not fully recover from his injury (hopefully he does), that leaves young Gildart to step up. Whilst I like Gildart and think that he has plenty of potential I think it would be unfair to expect him to deliver at SL level week in week out. That means that Bateman or Tomkins need to cover (possibly both if we suffer more injuries) and ultimately that will weaken our forward pack.

Sarge will leave Wigan at the end of 2016 when his contract expires so I would hope that we would be in the market for a centre.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Now we need two centres! The decision to send Thornley to Salford before knowing the extent of Sarges injury may be a bad one!
I don't know if the agreement with Salford allows us to do so, nevertheless even if it did I don't think that there is any chance that IL, Rads and Waney would contemplate recalling him.

I am more concerned with our forward planning, we have Gells and Sarge for next season as our regular seasoned centres. Sarge will miss a chunk of the early part of the season and may not fully recover from his injury (hopefully he does), that leaves young Gildart to step up. Whilst I like Gildart and think that he has plenty of potential I think it would be unfair to expect him to deliver at SL level week in week out. That means that Bateman or Tomkins need to cover (possibly both if we suffer more injuries) and ultimately that will weaken our forward pack.

Sarge will leave Wigan at the end of 2016 when his contract expires so I would hope that we would be in the market for a centre.
My thinking too, but if they can then they should be thinking of the club and not their egos and bring a centre back to the club in order to bolster our chances for a GF
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Batemans doing a far better job than Thornley could ever do IMO
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:

If they know he is leaving for def at the end of 2016 then the club should be proactive and remove his name from the playing roster then his wages do not count towards the salary cap. Stains are much more adept at managing the salary cap see Wellens going into early retirement so they could sign the Aussie fullback.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

medlocke wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
I agree that hes doing well there, but that's not his position and i would rather see him play in a position he thrives in !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ian.birchall wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote: do you think he will be recalled for the remainder of the season ?

If they know he is leaving for def at the end of 2016 then the club should be proactive and remove his name from the playing roster then his wages do not count towards the salary cap. Stains are much more adept at managing the salary cap see Wellens going into early retirement so they could sign the Aussie fullback.
Talking about Saints we should make them an offer for Percival. Perhaps Greenwood would like to tag on as well.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ian.birchall wrote:
I guess that would help at the start of next season, but we can't bring anyone in now can we?

Maybe this will force the club's hand a bit to bring in the experienced quality centre that the fans have been looking for.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Gone fishing!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Mike wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:
I guess that would help at the start of next season, but we can't bring anyone in now can we?

Maybe this will force the club's hand a bit to bring in the experienced quality centre that the fans have been looking for.
If this was going to force the Club's hand you'd expect them to have been on the case as soon as they found out the severity of his injury, which would certainly have been before the fans!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote: do you think he will be recalled for the remainder of the season ?
Gone fishing!!
No, i'd like to see Bateman remain there till Lockers retires