Squad v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Smokie Jim

Re: Squad v Hull FC

Post by Smokie Jim »

medlocke wrote:Looks like we've gone into this thinking it was already won, also, what is the point of Mossop & Tomkins :eusa17:
Nice sunset Meds. Horrendous defence. Moss op ok,Joel send back to Union if they'd have him
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

Yet another POOR performance but we still we grind out a win… strange this

Question ? - Why is the word SUPER before League & also on that that why does it come before the 8’s as well? ‘SUPER‘ used for what reason?

So many players wearing the famous shirt still AGAIN getting well below 7 out of 10 (to those who read my posts 7 would be my minimum target week in week out) it’s just not good enough but how come we are second in the 8’s with a play-off spot?!.. strange all this…

Such poor tackling,, actually it was embarrassing over the whole 80

Certain players (there are afew) just going through the motions by turning up for what?

A&L
(just like Belfast!)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote:
medlocke wrote:Looks like we've gone into this thinking it was already won, also, what is the point of Mossop & Tomkins :eusa17:
Agree re Tomkins, Meds but thought Moose had a great game. Is this one of your wind-ups?
No, should never have brought them back, just wondering how awful Sam will be when he turns up
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

thegimble wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
Agree re Tomkins, Meds but thought Moose had a great game. Is this one of your wind-ups?
Tomkins has got to be dropped
Corrected for accuracy.

Hopeless and if he is the best we have then something is wrong.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Agree Tomkins was bad,thought mossop had one of his best games of the season though,made good yards. Also Rocky made some good tackles but didn't offer as much going forward as bowen had past few games!Think charnley looked out of sorts his defence was crap! Poor performance overall but a wins a win! Onwards an upwards! :D W
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We sure did miss Bowen
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Blame me again guys. My second visit to DW this year. Mayhem at the turnstile when I tried to get in with my Widnes game ticket. (We struggled that night also!)
I'm going to watch it again as I'm intrigued why the VR disallowed our tries. Especially the second one!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

w.thomas wrote:Agree Tomkins was bad,thought mossop had one of his best games of the season though,made good yards. Also Rocky made some good tackles but didn't offer as much going forward as bowen had past few games!Think charnley looked out of sorts his defence was crap! Poor performance overall but a wins a win! Onwards an upwards! :D W
Correct. No racing fan moans if his horse wins a bad race!
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

yokozuna wrote:Terrible performance from Wigan tonight.

Smith and Hampshire have been particularly poor imo.
Agree with you Yoko re Smith, he had a shocking game woeful tackling, didn't deserve to wear the shirt tonight. Having said that here were several others who were as bad. I think the majority of the team thought they were playing touch rugby with their tackling.

As for Hampshire he is never given long enough, not enough game time in the first squad. I would like to see him partnering William in the halves, but I don't think I ever will.

John Bateman was head and shoulders above any of our other players tonight. If the rest of the team put in as much effort as he does we would blitz any team.

As for the Referee, Childs was a joke.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

w.thomas wrote:Agree Tomkins was bad,thought mossop had one of his best games of the season though,made good yards. Also Rocky made some good tackles but didn't offer as much going forward as bowen had past few games!Think charnley looked out of sorts his defence was crap! Poor performance overall but a wins a win! Onwards an upwards! :D W
The two guys inside Charnley defended very poorly tonight. Smith couldn't tackle a good dinner and Gelling has no brain.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards