Hull scoreline?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Hull scoreline?

Post by cpwigan »

Hopefully as IL stated post match we got our shocking effort out the way with a win and we will be back to our best when it matters.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:Hopefully as IL stated post match we got our shocking effort out the way with a win and we will be back to our best when it matters.
Well too many players rested for my liking. At this point in the season why are players being "rested" especially after just having a break with the CC?

The side needed consistency and players playing in the regular and expected positions. Not more rotation and experimentation.

A gamble that very nearly backfired!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:The win was more important, the points difference was a bonus!!
Finishing top could give you home game v Saints or finishing 2nd could. Finishing top could give you the harder game theoretically. Problem is we need to make Leeds play every game in and not let the rest any players.

Finishing top of SL is not as important as getting to the Grand Final
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

butt monkey wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Hopefully as IL stated post match we got our shocking effort out the way with a win and we will be back to our best when it matters.
Well too many players rested for my liking. At this point in the season why are players being "rested" especially after just having a break with the CC?

The side needed consistency and players playing in the regular and expected positions. Not more rotation and experimentation.

A gamble that very nearly backfired!
I agree with almost everything you say. I think though more than resting players it was about keeping some others match fit.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Butt I agree with you , why on earth were there any players rested when they had a rest of week ends for CC semi finals and final.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The problem of switching players lies with not having a Reserve or Under 21's league to keep over academy age players match fit.

Now, under the stupid duel registration system we have to send players all the way to Workington for some players to get a game which is no fun with the distance and traffic involved every weekend.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

With Catalans doing the business last night we really have thrown away a realistic chance of taking the hubcap.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered