Matty Bowen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Matty Bowen

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

God wrote:It's a fullbacks bread and butter to challange for the high ball, also a winger. But to just literally stand there is unforgivable in my eyes.

It was a cop out of the highest order and it does not sit well with me no matter how good he is. And tbf he has been our best player along with Bateman this season.
Exactly!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I may be wrong. I can only go of what I thought I saw which was bowen jump for the ball then to have it stripped from him.

Still to lay blame on bowen for the loss is a cop out. He did much much more good than bad in that game.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Cant only blame Matty Bowen tonight few more players was to blame Gelling was awful dont think he should play for the rest of the games WHY O WHY does Josh not stay on his line leaves it wide open all the time playing to much down the middle tonight wingers never given a chance
TrueBlueWarrior

Caboosegg wrote:I may be wrong. I can only go of what I thought I saw which was bowen jump for the ball then to have it stripped from him.

Still to lay blame on bowen for the loss is a cop out. He did much much more good than bad in that game.
It's not a cop out caboose it's an obvious fact that he should have challenged for the ball, if he does no one can blame him for anything, the fact he didn't leaves himself wide open irrelevant of how he played!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Just for the record my opening post did not blame Matty Bowen for the defeat, it said what he did on the last try was disgraceful, just thought I would make that clear for some posters that seem to be missing the point!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Not a joke for people to blame bowen is a cop out.
Saints defence was better than ours overall and ours was pretty good.

Wigan fans always need someone to put at fault. What about all the kicks under pressure he did catch the numerous he weaved his way out of our goal line and avoided giving a goal line drop out?
Just read this thread Caboose, the fact no one agrees with you probably tells you that you are wrong!!

You cannot as a full back not attempt to challenge for a high ball end of story!! If you think that is acceptable then you either don't understand sport or are just on a wind up, either way you are wrong!!
Trueblue warrior I wouldn't like to be in trenches with you.lot of other players and coach lost is that game before bowen.

TrueBlueWarrior

gillysmyhero wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Not a joke for people to blame bowen is a cop out.
Saints defence was better than ours overall and ours was pretty good.

Wigan fans always need someone to put at fault. What about all the kicks under pressure he did catch the numerous he weaved his way out of our goal line and avoided giving a goal line drop out?
Just read this thread Caboose, the fact no one agrees with you probably tells you that you are wrong!!

You cannot as a full back not attempt to challenge for a high ball end of story!! If you think that is acceptable then you either don't understand sport or are just on a wind up, either way you are wrong!!
Trueblue warrior I wouldn't like to be in trenches with you.lot of other players and coach lost is that game before bowen.

Read my post above yours!!

And if you think what Bowen did was acceptable then I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you either!!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:I may be wrong. I can only go of what I thought I saw which was bowen jump for the ball then to have it stripped from him.

It's not a cop out caboose it's an obvious fact that he should have challenged for the ball, if he does no one can blame him for anything, the fact he didn't leaves himself wide open irrelevant of how he played!
I'm not trying to argue with you as said I may be wrong but I saw him jump for highball and then get stripped. I didn't look at the screen so as said I may be wrong.

We're all wigan fans end of day and just lost to that lot over the hill. Nothing personal I just don't agree with the Bowen bottles it at big games or bowen fault.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TrueBlueWarrior

No fall out here caboose, we disagree that's all!

Quick question, give me one big game Bowen has played well in!
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Wire away