Matty Bowen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Matty Bowen

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Wire away
Big game? Against a team that had nothing to play for?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Just read this thread Caboose, the fact no one agrees with you probably tells you that you are wrong!!

You cannot as a full back not attempt to challenge for a high ball end of story!! If you think that is acceptable then you either don't understand sport or are just on a wind up, either way you are wrong!!
Trueblue warrior I wouldn't like to be in trenches with you.lot of other players and coach lost is that game before bowen.

Read my post above yours!!

And if you think what Bowen did was acceptable then I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you either!!

Have you actually played the game or are you just a keyboard warrior?
TrueBlueWarrior

Gilly, I am a keyboard warrior why exactly? Because you have made yourself look foolish?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Gilly, I am a keyboard warrior why exactly? Because you have made yourself look foolish?
My point being TBW when you playing in a game things are not as easy or black and white as they seem from the sidelines or from watching it on TV. And a team player doesn't blame one person for a a lose.

TrueBlueWarrior

gillysmyhero wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Gilly, I am a keyboard warrior why exactly? Because you have made yourself look foolish?
My point being TBW when you playing in a game things are not as easy or black and white as they seem from the sidelines or from watching it on TV. And a team player doesn't blame one person for a a lose.
I will say it again, I haven't blamed Bowen for the loss, look at my OP! I said what he did for the last Stains try was disgraceful, if we would have been winning by 50-0 it still would have been disgraceful and many many others agree!!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote:
I will say it again, I haven't blamed Bowen for the loss, look at my OP! I said what he did for the last Stains try was disgraceful, if we would have been winning by 50-0 it still would have been disgraceful and many many others agree!!
You aren't blaming Bowen for the defeat but yet your Topic headline is Matty Bowen ?? And then you us the word disgraceful.Playing In a game things are completely different to watching it. Other players made bigger mistakes but as a fullback your mistakes are punished more. The missed chances in attack, the knock ons the silly penalties, the missed tackles lost us the game not one mistake from Matty Bowen.

TrueBlueWarrior

gillysmyhero wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote: My point being TBW when you playing in a game things are not as easy or black and white as they seem from the sidelines or from watching it on TV. And a team player doesn't blame one person for a a lose.
You aren't blaming Bowen for the defeat but yet your Topic headline is Matty Bowen ?? And then you us the word disgraceful.Playing In a game things are completely different to watching it. Other players made bigger mistakes but as a fullback your mistakes are punished more. The missed chances in attack, the knock ons the silly penalties, the missed tackles lost us the game not one mistake from Matty Bowen.
You are missing the whole point!! What Bowen did was not a mistake!! He did absolutely nothing that is the whole point!! I can forgive mistakes where people are at least attempting something and trying!! He didn't even try! He just moved out of the way!! So yes it was DISGRACEFUL because he shit out! what do you expect the title of the thread to be when the point I was making was solely about him? I don't care what team sport you play and to what level, if your team mate fails to do his job and contest something that he is paid for and responsible for then it is a disgrace and I would have told him that in the changing rooms after!! INEXCUSABLE, irrelevant of all the other factors that you want to carry on going on about!!

Just for clarity, all I expected from Bowen was an honest attempt/challenge for the ball, he didn't do that, he decided to MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!! DISGRACE!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote:I may be wrong. I can only go of what I thought I saw which was bowen jump for the ball then to have it stripped from him.

Still to lay blame on bowen for the loss is a cop out. He did much much more good than bad in that game.
You're going to have to watch it again. Because he decided to stand there and wait for the ball to appear in his arms.

TBH he's had the odd good spell but his two years have been a huge let down, especially in big games.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

So I take it we don't want him next season in any shape or form?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Something we can all agree on.